iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Red Max

Started by MichaelS70, January 18, 2019, 09:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichaelS70

Curious if anyone has tried GZ 4350 ? I'm sure some Red Max saw owners here and was curious about Red Max saws .I am inexperienced and just have a couple home owner saws MS270 and Husqvarna 460 that was handed down to me.I'm just looking to try and add a quality smaller saw to my line up.All advice will be apreciated greatly.

DelawhereJoe

That saw looks like a red version of the Husqvarna 543xp, same cc same hp, if the jonsered became the redmax then its probably made from the 543xp parts....more or less.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

MichaelS70

I actually considered the 543 and the 550 and after some research I read about all the starting issues with the 550 and it kinda spooked me due to my lack of experience.I know they are great saws so not trying to offend anyone.I don't know if the 543 has the same issues .

wild262

Since you already have the 50 & 60cc size covered, a good lightweight trimming saw in 35-40cc would complement what you have.  If your favoring RedMax, the GZ-360 would be nice.  Or you could get the same saw in a Husky 439.  These are basically rear handled top handles the way there made, and very light.  In the Echo line , a 361P would be about the same.  I have one and really like it.   The RedMax's from what I hear are not a bad saw.  More or less a Husky in Red/Blk. Husqvarna owns the company.  There's lots of other options out there to depending on what you want in a saw. 

MichaelS70

Thanks and I will look into it.

Inaotherlife

Quote from: wild262 on January 18, 2019, 11:07:26 AM
      Since you already have the 50 & 60cc size covered, a good lightweight trimming saw in 35-40cc would complement what you have.  If your favoring RedMax, the GZ-360 would be nice.  Or you could get the same saw in a Husky 439.  These are basically rear handled top handles the way there made, and very light.  In the Echo line , a 361P would be about the same.  I have one and really like it.   The RedMax's from what I hear are not a bad saw.  More or less a Husky in Red/Blk. Husqvarna owns the company.  There's lots of other options out there to depending on what you want in a saw.
I agree with this. I also have the Echo CS-361P it is super-lightweight (8.4 pounds) compared to my 50cc saw. It's got good power for 35cc and will get a lot of work done. The 40cc saws aren't that much lighter than my 50 when used with comparable bar and chain.
This video helped sway me towards these type of 35cc saws.
https://youtu.be/ZtcWsn55NN0

MichaelS70

I really appreciate you Gents for taking the time to reply.I work for a John Deere dealership and back in the day we sold the old Homelite and Poulan and was before my time.We still have the Mechanic  he is in his 70s and runs the old Bow saws has old Poulans and Homelites don't know any numbers .Doesn't own anything newer and a good mechanic.He saI'd he would he would rather run bow saws.

sawguy21

I have seen bow saws but never ran one. One lawn and garden dealer I worked for brought in some specialized Red Max products for the landscapers, we were impressed by the performance and quality but the distributor didn't stock much of a selection or promote the line. One unit was interesting and popular, a trimmer with two oscillating blades. It cut like scissors, the golf courses liked it for working around sand traps.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

MichaelS70

He told me the Bow saws were easier to use as you dont have to bend over as much.He also told me if you do get in the dirt ,don't get as much chain on a bow saw.His dad was a chainsaw mechanic also and taught him how to work on saws.Said he started working on saws when he was 10 or 11.First saw he ever cut with was a bow saw .That's what his dad taught him to run and thats all he runs.

MichaelS70

361p looks like a good saw and I have a dealer a couple miles away so I just may go with this.I own a Echo weedeater and its the best one I ever owned.Never tried a Echo saw yet.Thanks for the advice.

wild262

Quote from: MichaelS70 on January 20, 2019, 02:42:09 PM
361p looks like a good saw and I have a dealer a couple miles away so I just may go with this.I own a Echo weedeater and its the best one I ever owned.Never tried a Echo saw yet.Thanks for the advice.

Your very welcome.  We are all glad to help you make a decision.  You will like that 361.  Its my "go to saw" for limbing.   You keep the chain sharp and fresh fuel in it, and should last you a long time.  ;)

DudeWithTrees

Im a landscaper and weve had Redmax blowers and I use a set of Redmax shrub trimmers.  The tag on them say Husqvarna on them.  My boss is a die hard Stihl fan and doesnt like Husqs.  I pointed the tag out to him and he gave a small huff and walked away.
I only eat the finest organic non-GMO sour cream on my lead paint chips.

MichaelS70

It always amazes me how people can be so loyal to one brand.I was  partial to Stihl weedeaters and bought a Echo this past summer and love it.Stihl makes a great weedeater to but my dealer went out of business and I have a Echo dealer close by so that's what I wound up with.I love it.Haven't tried many Saws yet but I'm just trying to stay open minded .

wild262

Quote from: MichaelS70 on January 20, 2019, 02:42:09 PM

so did you ever go check this saw out?

MichaelS70

They don't have it in stock so ill have to order it from them.

Thank You Sponsors!