iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How are we enjoying summer

Started by rl, July 16, 2005, 04:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rl

I'm not a sawer by trade. I'm a builder . I do a lot of sawing though. some for materials I need and some for customers.  about  100,000 feet in last year .  for the last six weeks i've probley only worked 8 full day's.   about the time my t shirt is 60 percent drenched i quit .  it's been in the 80's most of the time,  has it been unbeleivably hot this summer or am i just getting to old to deal with it  ..... cant wait till september   R L    >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
rl

Ernie

I can't wait till September either, it's the beginning of spring down here and the end of these freezing cold 45 degree nights and 60 degree days :) :) :)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

LeeB

Low to mid 100's around here. I'd love to have either one of you fellows temps. LeeB :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Kedwards

im with ya Lee.. Its been mid 90's with 100% humidity here in NC for the last month.. I wouldnt mind the heat if it stayed this way all year so I could grow mahogany.
His thoughts tumbled in his head, making and breaking alliances like socks in a dryer without cling free

Rockn H

It's been way to hot. :)  Temps in the 90's with 100% humidity, and now it's been raining for over a week.  First too hot and now to wet. ;D  I'm more of a fall and spring ,well and winter in south Ar, type of person. ;)

maple flats

We've had too many days in the mid 90's and we are in upstate NY, much farther north than should be getting these temps. I'll gladly take 60's days and 30's nights. Those are my favorite temps. We had 93 again today and the humidity was in the upper 90's too. Seems like when it gets like this there is never a breeze either.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

HORSELOGGER

No logging this time of year, too much brush to see where we're goin. Saw early morning and again late afternoon work in the shop or snooze a little during the mid day heat ;D Been extremely dry here and hot. Corn in the area looks really bad...uneven heights and leaves all curled up trying to hide from the sun. Tassles are shooting now, but with no rain in site it might be a tough winter for the farmers and for me buying skidder fuel (hay)
Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

Frank_Pender

We are suppose to have our warmest day today, 94.  I reckon I should get away from this puter and make some sawdust. :D  Bye. 8)
Frank Pender

TexasTimbers

80s. Dawg. I'd love to see that number on a consistent basis around here in the summer. Our yearly avg. humidity is in the 60s and of course combine a Texas summer with it and, well, 80s sounds nice.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Corley5

Been HOT and dry here too.  We got an inch of rain over the fourth that areas around us didn't but it's about gone.  A cold front Monday MAY bring us rain but then back into the upper eighties and dry again.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

mike_van

Hot, Humid, - it just stinks - can't wait for fall - Love the smell of wood smoke in the morning, sure beats the moldy, damp, rot smell we have now - hate it!  >:(
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Norm

It was 92 when we just came in for the day. Watered all of the new trees we've planted the last two years, they were real dry. The corn and beans are doing pretty good considering. At least today there's some wind blowing, last few days it's been almost still through the day.

I'm ready for fall harvest and hunting seasons. :)

shopteacher

Been hot and humid here, so decided to see what Spokane and San Francisco are like this week.  Wife and I are leaving wed for about 2 wks.  Got two brothers in Washington state and like San Francisco so much last year got to go back and see some of the stuff we missed.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

customsawyer

I went out to the truck the other morning at 4:30 AM and the temp was 81 at that time. I have about a hours drive to my mill and we like to have it running by 6:15 AM try to do most of the sawing before 11:00 eat lunch then cut some more at a much slower pace till 3:00 load up and go  to the house. Fall can't get here soon enough for me.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

thedeeredude

Well, its been 85-95 with high humidity here the past few weeks.  And that doesn't mean we stop sawing so I drink lots of water and stick my head in the freezer when I get a chance 8)

mike_van

Check out this map http://www.weather.com/maps/news/forecastsummary/index_large.html    The long blue line down through the Dakotas is a cold front due on the East coast by Tue PM.  Will be relief for a few days, anyway - Deep South, sorry your cold front will not be coming till..............?????
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

SwampDonkey

:D :D Complainers complainers. All winter I heard you guys wishing for summer. :D :D I work in all kinds of weather, but try to avoid the rain if I can. I hate being wet all day, but sometimes it's from sweat. Nasty ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Corley5

When it's 10 below in mid January you'll never hear me wish it was 90 degrees, 75 yes but never 90 ;)  I'd take snow and cold over this crap anyday
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

hawby

I really dislike Summer. I am sweating setting here typing, with a fan and AC on. The 8 day has 83 for Tuesday, all the rest are in the 90's... smiley_sweat_drop
Hawby

Missin' loggin', but luvin' the steady check...

Woodcarver

After three years of mostly below normal temperatures and an especially cool summer last year, we're having hot weather, too. We average abut 6 days of 90 or above each year.  We've had far more than that this summer with more on the way.

Nothing to compare with the weather in the '30's, though, when most of the summer records for Wisconsin were set.  A little before my time, but I've heard about it from my parents and my wife's parents. Day after day of temperatures above 100. My father-in-law said they often slept on the floor because it was a little cooler than in bed. That would make the weather we're having now look good.  Everything is relative, I guess.       
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Ron Wenrich

We had about 5" of rain this weekend.  Humidity is in the 70%+ range and dewpoints around 70-75.  Grass is growing pretty fast and there seems to be more Japanese beetles this year than before. 

Just a few more weeks and the worst is over for the year.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

GF

Its been in the low to mid 90's here, the humidity has been something else.  Seems like every 3 or 4 days we get a little shower which causes the humidy to stay up.  Not sure but this year it seems like there is always a haze in the air, the skys are kinda dull colored and not blue.   When its like this I have to wear sunglasses outside because it seems to be so bright.  Seems like the weather is different this year than normal.

SwampDonkey

We have been getting 3-4 humid days every week or 10 days, by tommorrow it'll be less humid and by saturday they say it's gonna be like early fall weather. But, some of those forcasters are from the southern states and don't realize that 70's weather is normal summer weather for up here. :-\
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thedeeredude

Quote from: Ron Wenrich on July 19, 2005, 06:00:28 AM
We had about 5" of rain this weekend. Humidity is in the 70%+ range and dewpoints around 70-75. Grass is growing pretty fast and there seems to be more Japanese beetles this year than before.

Just a few more weeks and the worst is over for the year.

That's easy to say and hard to put up with.  I can't wait until bark season is over either, poplar bark comes off in giant sheets and guess whos got the lucky job off cleaning out of "the pit". :)

Thank You Sponsors!