iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

In Honor of the out-house

Started by Jeff, December 23, 2002, 04:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Mooseherder on September 18, 2014, 08:32:04 PM
Nothing like spending time with seven of you best friends.

I'm rolling!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

sandhills

I play solitare for a reason I guess  :D

Mooseherder

So, 1 of the 8 says.  "Did y'all hear about the cracked corn?"

Peter Drouin

When you're done reading, can I have the paper ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Mooseherder

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
8 guys laughing Peter. :)

Ron Scott

~Ron

Weekend_Sawyer

That whistle-pig must not have a sense of smell!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

thecfarm

I was in Lascaster County PA,Amish country, saw 2 small brick houses behind the school house. I can still remember my Father saying built like a brick ---- house. Never thought I would see one.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ron Scott

Found in a rural backyard.

~Ron

dnalley

https://youtu.be/R1hTVtUbhWs               I remember listening to this before getting out of my truck on a early morning deer hunt...the outhouse thread brought it back to mind.

Ron Scott

Outhouse at the First Forestry School at the Cradle of Forestry, Ashville, NC.
<br
>

~Ron

DPatton

Here's the fully functional outhouse the wife and I installed at the farm.

It was built in our driveway, With t&g ERC and board and batten pine. Loaded on my trailer, hauled to the farm and set in place with a skidloader over the hole. 

Obviously decorated by a woman's touch.

W

It even comes with an old fashioned LED lantern for doing business after dark.

Z

I gotta admit it's much more pleasant to use than most any other outhouse I've ever been in ;). Chithouse Magazine even rated it the "#1 place to do your duty" in their 2017 and 2018 annual issues!  ;D ;D ;D
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Jeff

It would be an honor to use that one!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

I need one of those at the sawmill. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

DPatton

Quote from: WDH on October 22, 2018, 08:22:40 AM
I need one of those at the sawmill.
That where mine is, you can see it in the background.

TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

WDH

You never know when a man might have to go on a mission. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Stuart Caruk

I can fondly recall outhouses on the prairies when I grew up in Saskatchewan (google it...). As kids, we used to think it was fun to move the outhouses back 3 or 4 feet and wait for someone to go use it at night.

I'm actually in the process of building an outhouse for use at the mill. My wife is about ready to ban me from dragging sawdust in the house to use the facilities. And, I've been looking for the ideal thing to leave to my sister in law when I kick off. My outhouse and the contents therein will be all hers when I die.
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

Magicman

Our Colorado out house.

Da fixin's.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

olcowhand

But there's no Quarter Moon cutout on the door..... You could use a Sharpie.
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

rjwoelk

The phone rang at 0600 and pa made a dash for it. It was uncle Jack ,who was a travelin sales man for dynamite, on the line and when pa got off that phone he hollered up to Ma. Uncle Jack is coming over . Well ma got the twin yungins up and says to them that they better not get into any trouble wile uncle Jack was there. So Ma says to Pa you get them to yung fellers to digin a new hole for the outhouse.
Well after all the meetin and greetin was done and over Pa sent the boys out to commence to digin.  Well Jeff says to Jerry were should we put it. Jerry thinks a bit and runs over to Uncle jacks truck comes back with a stick of dynamite . We'll just light it and toss it in the hole , were the house lands  thats were we dig. So they lite it threw it in and ran around the big old cotton wood tree to watch. Uncle Jack came out of the house at a dead run and into that two holer. There was a bang the house lifted off and landed 20 ft away. The door opened up and Uncle Jack stepped out and  brushed himself off and exclaimed. Sure glad i did not let that go in the kitchen 
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

crowhill

There was reference to a two holer in the early parts of this post, brought back to mind of the three holer that was at my great grandparents home place. One was a smaller hole for the wee ones to sat upon whilst learnin the skills of settin for a spell!
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

Jeff

I lost our outhouse for a day here due to snow bending trees and bushes over it. I found out it was missing at an inopportune time. :) there is a cresent moon in there somewhere...

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV Sawmiller

Maybe this needs to be posted under the health and safety thread.   :D smiley_furious3 
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

There are other ways !!   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!