iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sawmill identification

Started by ga.player, June 12, 2007, 10:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ga.player

i recently found an old sawmill in the woods, that belonged to my great grandfather. I found on one of the pieces "Corley 01. does anyone have good pictures of a complete corely 01 model sawmill, so that I can try to set this one up?
I want to leran about swamills of yesterday, how the worked, tools that were used, and how to peice together what I've uncovered.

Dave Shepard

Welcome to the forum! I don't know anything about Corley sawmills, but I bet Corley5 might be along to help you out. ;)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WDH

Welcome ga.player!  I don't have a clue to your question, but I was wondering, what part of GA are you from (where do you stay at?? ;D)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

ga.player

I presently live in Columbus, the sawmill is in Douglas. I realize that some pictures would be helpful, it will be a couple of weeks before I'm able to return to Douglas to take the pictures.
8)
I want to leran about swamills of yesterday, how the worked, tools that were used, and how to peice together what I've uncovered.

DanG

Welcome to the Forum, Ga.Player!  That's sure an interesting find.  I know diddlysquat about those old mills, but I'll sure be interested in following your progress.  Is that an all steel mill, or did it have a lot of wooden parts?  What sort of shape does it appear to be in?

You might want to  contact member/sponsor Mike_P and order some RustReaper.  I'll bet you're gonna need it! :D  It seems kinda pricey at first, but a little goes a long way, so it is cheaper in the long run. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

brdmkr

Hey there GaPlayer.  I'm located down in Bainbridge.  Welcome to the forum!
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Corley5

I'll look up my Corley sales lit and scan a pic for you.  Might be a couple days though I'm in the middle of haying  :) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

sgtmaconga

welcome to the list from macon, ga
Measure twice cut once

ga.player

Hey and thanks for your responses, This is great. I'm glad to hear of others in my near area that are operating mills. I'd be more than grateful if I could see some that are setup and running. I am willing to help for a day to learn.

Carl Player
Columbus, Douglas, or Madison Ga.
         I move around alittle~

ga.player

apparently I need to go back to grade school and learn to spell!

WDH

You don't have to spell to tote and stack boards ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!