iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

diesel transfer tank

Started by David_c, April 30, 2005, 07:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David_c

I need to get one any suggestions? also pump recomendations. greatly appreciated.

Ed_K

Unless you can find one at auction, your best bet will be Northern Hydraulics. What the auctions tho, I watched a 100 gal w/12v pump go for $550.  :o.
Ed K

J_T

I would of watched it too :D :D How many recon they want . If you were closer I could find you one . Those L tanks aren't to high i don't think . ???
Jim Holloway

David_c

there is an L shaped one at northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company that looks good. it's 91 gallons. what about pumps?

Corley5

Go with a Tuthill pump.  They cost a bit more than a GPI but last a lot longer.  If you've got a Tractor Supply in your area you'll get a tank cheaper than from Northern Hydraulics.  Northern really gets you on the shipping.  You only think you're saving money ::)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

David_c

no tractor supply. but I plan to do some searching around here to see who sells them. might even just have one made if thats legal.

Gary_C

A new 95 gal rectangular is $275- $300 depending on which farm supply store you find one.  If you make one, stay just under 100 gal as there are strict DOT rules that start at 100 gal.  Also if you make one, put slosh baffles in the tank.  Use a good pressure and suction relief fill cap.

I agree with the Tuthill 12v pump. I have had two Fill Right (also made by Tuthill but cheaper) and have had problems with both. Vanes went out in the first one and the replacement struggles to pump and leaks when it is cold.

You can find some 95 gal pickup tanks at farm sales, usually with hand pumps for $75-$150. Ones with 12V pumps are more depending on age or condition.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

David_c

Thanks Gary will keep that in mind if I decide to make one (probably wont).

Thank You Sponsors!