iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

extend chimney stack

Started by stratford 50, July 13, 2010, 07:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stratford 50

Will extending the stack up to 3 sections on my 2300 e classic wood boiler have any adverse effects on it's performance?  I currently have 2 sections installed.  Thanks for the help.   ???

Stratford 50

doctorb

I don't know all the physics of flu draft and such, but I can tell you that I used 3 sections from the onset with my 2300 last year, and the performance was good.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

OneWithWood

depending on your site, it could improve the performance.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

jchartrand

I started with two and did not feel that there was enough draft and the smoke was just lingering in my yard. After about a month of burning I added anouther pice of chimney and the smoke was able to then leave my yard and the draft was noticibaly increased especially when filling the boiler, the flames and the smoke went up the chimney instead of out the door and in my face. To make a long story short; three pices of chimney works great for me but due to your landscape probably being different than mine, I could not tell you how it will work for you. Good luck

Highlander

I put a third section on mine thinking that it would help with the smoke rolling out the door when i opened it, but it didnt. I didnt do anything to affect the performance at all. The dealer told me the more sections the better, but i wasnt willing to invest more money in pipe when i didnt really need it.

Thank You Sponsors!