iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

roof mount forwarder loader

Started by SteveB, March 13, 2006, 09:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveB

Worked with lots of forwarders before, but they all had the loader mounted on the trailer just behind the center joint.  I've seen a few picutres of old mini-forwarders with the loader mounted on the roof of the cab.  When you turn sharp in one of these, it wound seem to me that the boom would swing out as you turn, possibly hitting residual trees, or the bunk stakes if the grapple wasn't up high. 

When backing into the cut empty, most operators I've worked with fold up the boom on the empty bunk, with many of them attaching the grapple to the bottom of a stake so it doesn't flop around too much, and then placing the grapple open on top of the load to help stabilize it as they drive to the road.  (I know that scandinavians claim that it's better not to clamp the grapple to anything while traveling, but that's another story) It just seems like a boom mounted on the roof woudn't permit many of these common practices?

Reddog

Well on some of the ones I have seen, have a float position on the valve. This lets it move as you turn. The others had a carry place/holder on the front of the machine for the clam.

Thank You Sponsors!