iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

572 Husqvarna

Started by Pine Ridge, June 26, 2015, 11:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pine Ridge

Anyone have any info ? Been reading about the possibility of them on other sites, everybody is pretty secretive about it. Just wondering , if they are like a 562xp with 70 some CCs they should be good.
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

SawTroll

It is some times since the pre-production test saws appeared (at least a couple of years) - but as you said, they keep the cards tight this time.

As far as I know, it is a development of the 560 design, but (sadly) with an inboard clutch. There has been no leakage that I know of concerning the cc and other specs...
Information collector.

Maine logger88

I looked at a prototype test saw about a year ago it looked like a nice saw
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Pine Ridge

I'd sure like to take one for a spin ! thanks guys for your replies.

weimedog

That discussion did go flat hasn't it... My guess? It's probably ready to drop into the market from an engineering and development perspective and now it's about timing and what to do with the legacy saws.... (372-576) Does it replace the 576 line? The 372 series that included the 365 & Jonsereds? Does it sell along side those two series? Or does it replace all of them including the Jred's ? Does Jred keep the legacy 372 based saws and Husqvarna drops them in favor of the 572??? Only time will tell. What do YOU all think will happen??
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

JohnG28

From a manufacturer standpoint it makes sense to trim the old lines in favor of the new.  While they are long selling models with huge following making redundant products isn't really a good business model. And the only way to push their sales, at least initially would be for there to only be one choice, at least IMO. Having Jonsered keep those lines going doesn't make a lot of sense to me either, business wise. Could tip the scales of sales towards them and away from Husky, again hurting their new saw sales of the new line. JMO though, take as you will.  ;D
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

SawTroll

Quote from: weimedog on June 27, 2015, 07:35:21 AM
That discussion did go flat hasn't it... My guess? It's probably ready to drop into the market from an engineering and development perspective and now it's about timing and what to do with the legacy saws.... (372-576) Does it replace the 576 line? The 372 series that included the 365 & Jonsereds? Does it sell along side those two series? Or does it replace all of them including the Jred's ? Does Jred keep the legacy 372 based saws and Husqvarna drops them in favor of the 572??? Only time will tell. What do YOU all think will happen??
I'm thinking about the same - and there also are signs that there may be about more than one new model. Time will tell!

I feel the 572 at least will replace the 576, but not really sure about the legendary 372-family. Offering two different xp designs in the 70cc class have more been a habit than the exception from Husky, after 1995....
Information collector.

pwheel

Quote from: SawTroll on June 27, 2015, 12:32:34 PM
...I feel the 572 at least will replace the 576, but not really sure about the legendary 372-family...
I bet lots of folks will stick with the 372 no matter what. Straightforward design, easy to repair, reliable.
Stihl MS260 Pro, MS261, MS440 x2, MS460, FS90; 1982 Power King 1614

weimedog

Until the parts dry up....
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Maine logger88

It's hard to beat the 372s but I'm excited to try the new saw when it comes out. I hope it's a lot like the 562 but with more power and a inboard clutch.
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

SawTroll

Quote from: Maine logger88 on June 29, 2015, 12:02:34 PM
It's hard to beat the 372s but I'm excited to try the new saw when it comes out. I hope it's a lot like the 562 but with more power and a inboard clutch.

Sadly, it is very likely that your wish for an inboard cluch will be granted.  :(
Information collector.

JohnG28

Lot easier to service an inboard clutch on the fly IMO. Pop the clip and it's off in seconds. Cleaner and more compact as well I think. But to each his own...
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

SawTroll

Quote from: JohnG28 on June 30, 2015, 12:52:38 PM
Lot easier to service an inboard clutch on the fly IMO. Pop the clip and it's off in seconds. Cleaner and more compact as well I think. But to each his own...

They occationally are convenient, but the much more important downsides are there all the time!
Information collector.

4x4American

Quote from: SawTroll on June 26, 2015, 11:33:18 PM
It is some times since the pre-production test saws appeared (at least a couple of years) - but as you said, they keep the cards tight this time.

As far as I know, it is a development of the 560 design, but (sadly) with an inboard clutch. There has been no leakage that I know of concerning the cc and other specs...

What do you like about an outboard clutch?
Boy, back in my day..

SawTroll

Quote from: 4x4American on June 30, 2015, 06:35:35 PM

That do you like about an outboard clutch?

The most obvious and important advantage is that it makes it possible to make a much better handling saw, as it puts the bar closer to the centre of mass - often with a slimmer case as a bonus.

Then it helps protect the crank from damage by bending or breaking, makes the load on the clutch side crank bearing lighter, cools better itself, and doesn't "trap" heat into that side of the powerhead. Cleaning/maintenance is easier as well - if it is done right.
Information collector.

4x4American

I'll take an inboard clutch over one anyday!

Grenade a rim sprocket, easy fix.  Tree sets back on bar and have to push over with skidder, easier to take powerhead off.  (not that this happens very often but still is nice to be able to do that).  Changing bar + chain, faster. 
Boy, back in my day..

SawTroll

Quote from: 4x4American on June 30, 2015, 08:28:34 PM
....   Changing bar + chain, faster.

Maybe a second or two, not more!  :)

It is more about what you are used to, and predjudice.

Also, removing a modern Husky outboard is just a matter of knocking it off, no special tools or piston stops needed. You just need a suitable screwdriver, and something to hit it with - and there are no e-clips etc to loose in the process.

The inboard clutch design no doubt is to blame for lots of bearing and crank issues trough the years, on many brands and models....
Information collector.

HolmenTree

The Husqvarna  346XP, 550XP, 562XP, 272XP,  395XP, 3120XP Stihl MS200 , 090  which are some of the highest rated heavy duty professional  saws have the outboard clutch for good reason, just as SawTroll explained.

In over 40 years felling trees I never once had to remove a powerhead from a pinched bar and chain......maybe there's  is a reason why amatuers have to run inboard clutch saws :D

I have knocked off outboard clutches at the stump with just a scrench and a short hardwood stick in just a matter of a minute or so , reinstalled included.To retighten rev up to WOT and then hit the chain brake. All set to cut again.

I used to change up different size rims in tooth count and pitch sizes on my logging saws right on the job.
I lost count of the times a C-clip  went flying gone forever off a few of my inboard saws ;D

Making a living with a saw since age 16.

so il logger

Quote from: HolmenTree on July 01, 2015, 11:14:39 PM
The Husqvarna  346XP, 550XP, 562XP, 272XP,  395XP,  Stihl MS200 , 090  which are some of the highest rated heavy duty professional  saws have the outboard clutch for good reason, just as SawTroll explained.

In over 40 years felling trees I never once had to remove a powerhead from a pinched bar and chain......maybe there's  is a reason why amatuers have to run inboard clutch saws :D

I have knocked off outboard clutches at the stump with just a scrench and a short hardwood stick in just a matter of a minute or so , reinstalled included.To retighten rev up to WOT and then hit the chain brake. All set to cut again.

I used to change up different size rims in tooth count and pitch sizes on my logging saws right on the job.
I lost count of the times a C-clip  went flying gone forever off a few of my inboard saws ;D

I agree 99%  :D But eventually every faller will get his saw hung up, and pinched in a backcut. Maybe rot or seam, but it happens. When it does happen it is no challenge to get the powerhead loose from b&c, on a 395 that is.

HolmenTree

I agree so il logger :) I'd  be a liar  if I said I never  got my saw pinched . ;)
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

nitehawk55

Unless the 372 series becomes auto tune to meet EPA standards which keep becoming more demanding a 572 may be the saw that replaces the 372 and maybe others not meeting those demands by EPA . I think it's a tough time for saw companies and you may see some in problems soon because of it .

I think you'll see Stihl come out with an M-tuned 461/2 in the next year as well .
I AM NOT BRAND LOYAL !

Pine Ridge

I hope the old saying " good things come to those who wait " is true, because i'm still waiting.

Thank You Sponsors!