iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Iranian vacuum kiln

Started by Den Socling, January 14, 2006, 03:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

When I lived in Arkansas, they had square metal boxes sitting on the porch, with a ''water cooler'' that was somewhat of an A/C ??  Something like that ??  I'm gonna be touring the scrap yards of San Jose Thursday. Need to know what to look for, and why ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Den Socling

yep that's a swamp cooler. All they do is dump water down over a 'fill' that makes a lot of surface area and that makes some evaporation and that cools the water that's left.

You're going to tour the scrap yards of San Jose?? You're a braver man than I, Gunga Din.  :D

Fla._Deadheader

No problema. I've lost over 30 pounds, and the guy taking me is REALLY outta shape  ;) :D :D :D

Would something like that cooler be the way to mave the air and make the wood sweat. What about the black paint and sitting in the sun. Good or not ??
   First, it is ridiculed;

Den Socling

On the one hand, I don't like the idea of black paint because we lose control. On the other hand, it would be nice to have really cheap heat. I'm still thinking about it.

Chamber pressure would limit temperature. Humidity could be used to control drying. Something might work.

Fla._Deadheader

Take yer time thinking. No big rush. Haven't seen the tanks, yet. That's Thursday, hopefully.

Wanna get this right if we can, without too many changes.
   First, it is ridiculed;

bmohebby

Dear Sergey and all other international friends;

I am really surprised when I read your message due to talking about our government and country. You and all friends should know that Persians are very warm and friendly people and there is nobody to force us for such contacts! I can easily access to internet from my office and keep in touch with everybody, I like.

I do believe that political borders should be put away and we must think and communicate as very close friends, even we have different nationalities. This is one of the life's beauties.

You, me and all human beings have same fate, necessities, sense etc. So, there is no need to borders. Politicians can not think in a right way, I believe. All of them even can't believe themselves; so how do they believe others?! They are always looking to find something for people to amaze them. It is their job and business. I do emphasize that DO NOT BELIEVE EVERYTHING IN MEDIA!!!! POLITICIANS ARE GOOD ACTORS AND ACTORESSES! Can you believe how many people were killed in Iraq for nothing? They were 120,000. It is a quiet big town or city. Who can judge it? When we all could think in a right way, PEACE presents us the best life. When we think darkly, WAR welcomes us. Which is better?

You and other friends might be interested to know about my country.  OK..

Iran is a huge country, with different climates, very similar to USA. It has a civilization for more than 7500 years! (the oldest civilization through the world). Iranians had believed different religions since then by now. They were Mithraism (believing LOVE), Zoroastrianism (believing a great LORD), and Islam (believing both of them). At the moment, majority of Persians are Moslem, Christian, Jews and Zoroastrian. All people with different religion live under a same flag very friendly. Iran has different ethnics. FARS (PARS=Persians who speak in Persian language), Turkmen (who speak in Azerbaijani, a type of Turkish language), Arabs, Kurds (the oldest ethnic in Iran who speak in Kurdish language. It is a type of Persian language) and Lors (who speak in Lory) etc.

My country has the youngest generation in the world and most of people are well educated. We would like to be as a very developed country. However, dark international challenges try to stop this country. Because, all media try to present a dark face of this country. I have been in Europe for several years and am familiar how other nations think about us. However, they change their mind when face with Persians and understand how they were pretended via media.

You and everybody is very welcomed to this country to find the reality.

With the best regards

bmohebby

Dear DanG;
Hello
Thank you very much for your attention. It is able to work continuously and dis-continuously.

Regards
Behbood

serg

bmohebby, hi!!!
I ask a pardon you for that that you have thought about bad!
I love IRAN, and as to political structure and applications of your PRESIDENT about deleting from the person of the ground of Israel to YOU to decide.
We discuss not a policy(politics) of Iran, WE discuss Vacuum technology of IRAN which was developed by YOU, she(it) is interesting to me. You long were silent on a forum so I have decided that at you censorship. If I am not right, once again I am sorry!
Now to vacuum technology.
You dry or change color wood? At you the mode of drying consists from 150 С? Or you apply 70 С?
Sergey

DanG

Welcome to The ForestryForum, Dr. Mohebby! :) :)  We are excited to have you join us here, and are very interested to learn more about your kiln.  I have many questions about it, but will try to ask only a few at a time.

What chamber pressure are you using, and do you vary the pressure under any circumstances?  At what temperature do you operate it?  What types of wood do you dry and how long does it take?

These are very basic questions, so any other details you could share with us will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
DanG
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Den Socling

Dr. Mohebby,

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. We are very pleased that you can join us.

I was very busy today and didn't have time for email or forums but I quickly wrote the note about language barriers after I got email from Sergey. He was concerned that his translation offended you - or so I think that was what he was saying. It's very difficult to understand his translations, sometimes.

So welcome, political barriers are not going to be in our way and we will work around the language problems. In another thread, we are talking about building a low tech vacuum kiln for Costa Rica. My idea is to create a rotation of air around a chamber by heating one side with the sun and condensing water vapor on the unheated side. Hopefully, you and Sergey will help.

And Sergey, when you don't know a word and can't find a translation,  :P You can always plug in one of these silly faces as punctuation.  :D

Den

serg

Dr. Mohebby, Den correctly speaks. I completely believe his(its) words. Together we shall create a vacuum kiln  in CR!
Sergey.

ronwood

Welcome to The ForestryForum, Dr. Mohebby!  Hope to hear more about your kiln.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

fstedy

WELCOME
                                                          smiley_biggrin01
                                        DR. MOHEBBY

I have been following this thread in the background and am very interested in building a Vac Kiln. I have been getting a lot of calls for thick fireplace mantels and I know they are difficult to dry.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Norm

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Dr. Mohebby, nice to have someone to talk with from your part of the world. :)

Kirk_Allen

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Dr. Mohebby.  Looking forward to hearing more about your country. 

oldsaw

So, Dr. Mohebby,  do you have a good recipie for Ghamay (spelling?)

Persian food is wonderful.  Have a great local place, the owner is from Isfahan, a very beautiful city.  Yes, the people are very friendly.

Welcome aboard.  These guys may want to know about your kiln, but I'd like to hear something about the trees in Iran.  What kinds of trees grow there?

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

serg

Dr. Mohebby,Hi! I have an opportunity to learn young people to joiner's(wood) business. After study they work in large firms of Moscow. It is author's, exclusive work of Moscow company "Game".
     Dr. Mohebby, what profession are your students have?  ???     
Sergey.

Kirk_Allen

Awesome Pool Table Serge.  I would love to have a set of plans for that.

serg

Kirk Allen hi!
Questions  ???I can answer in private(individual) mail.
info@vacuums.ru

Sergey

Thank You Sponsors!