iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

261 Husky

Started by kenskip1, July 22, 2004, 09:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenskip1

Greetings all.
    Some time ago I mentiond thatI had a friend who had a Husky 261. This poor saw was in need of someTLC.Well to make it short, I cleaned the gas filter and draind the 2 year old gas out.After putting some fresh mix with Amsoil at 100/1 the little saw runs like new.2 pulls are the most to get this thing going. My question is, how many cubic inches is this little gem?I have never had a saw with so much spirit. It really likes to run.This saw has an 18 inch bar.Does this saw have a good reputation for durability?One short note, my 028 will cut circles around this thing. The Husky has a 3/8 chain. I would like to add this gem tto my collection. Any information wood be helpfful, Ken
Stihl The One
Stihl Going Strong
Stihl Looking For The Fountain of Middle Age

Kevin

I'll say it's  61.5 cc.
That's all I'm unsure of.  ;D

Rocky_J

Look it up on Mike Acre's site.
http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf?OpenDatabase
Mike has put together an impressive database with info on just about any chainsaw ever made. His website should be bookmarked by everyone who ever owned a chainsaw.

TJACK

Kevin is correct, with the CC's.  Although, your 028 should not be able to run circles around this saw.  The 028 is a great saw, but I would expect the 261 to have a little more.

TJACK

kenskip1

As two my 028 running circles around it you are correct.  The 28 is slower.However the 261 is not listed at the site mentioned.On the frame it says 66cc.Any idea how many cubic inches this is?I hate to say this but I suspect that this saw May even out run my 041.Thanks for all the feedback, Ken
Stihl The One
Stihl Going Strong
Stihl Looking For The Fountain of Middle Age

qatanlison

66cc is 4.026 cu.inch, but the 261 is more likely a 60cc, 3.66cu.inch that is...

Kevin

The 66, 266 and 268 are 66.7 cc or 4.1 cu. in.

Thank You Sponsors!