iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Posibility of converting ms181 to standerd recoil.

Started by zach613, January 22, 2016, 12:14:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zach613

Hi everyone, new to the forum and this is my first post. Current saws are ms170,180&260. possibly a 036 tomorrow. I am looking at adding a ms181 to my trail clearing saw pile that i can fit on my dirt bike number plate mount, but would realy like the tool less oil and fuel caps. but i realy dislike the easy start. i like knowing the saw only turns over when i pull the thing over. so my question is can i change out the recoil housing to a none easy start off a different model? or recommendations of stihl saw in this same body size without quick start and with tool less caps?

sawguy21

First of all, welcome aboard. You are out of luck with the 'flippy caps' the tanks are not machined to accept them. The MS170 recoil might work.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Texas-Jim

I dont think theres a recoil that will fit off of another stihl model. But you can buy a recoil off of old style ms 180 that had no easy start. But that being said the easy start on a 180 only turns if you pull it, it doesnt store energy like a ms 251. Its kind of like normal recoil but easier.
What we do in life echoes through eternity.

bloodontheice

They make the MS171 in the regular pull start, same saw as the 181 just little less displacement

Thank You Sponsors!