iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Getting impatient!

Started by clintnelms, June 28, 2018, 07:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clintnelms

Put my deposit down on a WM LT35HD last week. Picking it up on July 25th. I think the waiting is going to drive me crazy! So excited though.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

taylorsmissbeehaven

You will not be disappointed.  Let the sawdust fly
Opportunity is missed by most because it shows up wearing bib overalls and looks like work.

WV Sawmiller

Trust me - you will like it. Congratulations.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Lawg Dawg

Quote from: clintnelms on June 28, 2018, 07:41:32 PM
Put my deposit down on a WM LT35HD last week. Picking it up on July 25th. I think the waiting is going to drive me crazy! So excited though.
That is the worst wait you will ever expirence in your life :D...I almost had an axiety attack one day waiting on mine last December :D  But well worth it! Congrats!
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Percy

Quote from: clintnelms on June 28, 2018, 07:41:32 PM
Waiting is the worst, but it makes the "finally getting it" experience very memorable. The last mill I bought was in 2003 and I still remember it like it was yesterday...I had to wait way longer than I wanted to as well..... ;D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Dad2FourWI

Hey Congrats!!!

Yes, the wait can make for some very long weeks!!!   ;D

Start leveling out the area where the setup will be... making plans for where the logs will lay, where the lumber will be stickered and stacked, where the flitches will end up and where will all that saw dust go...

That will keep you busy for a few days....  :D
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

OffGrid973

Then figure out where the slab rack, timbers and mantles will go so you don't hurt your back moving items for customers...that should take another two days...only a few left.

Congrats and welcome to the WM family if not already an owner.
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

clintnelms

Thanks everyone. I've had a Woodland Mills HM126 for two years now so I've got everything setup already. Just need to move the old mill and move the new one in.

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: cwimer973 on July 01, 2018, 05:26:27 PMThen figure out where the slab rack, timbers and mantles will go so you don't hurt your back moving items for customers...that should take another two days...only a few left.
Congrats and welcome to the WM family if not already an owner.
Excellent advice. The bane of my existence is trying to safely store my sawed wood so it air dries properly but is still available for people to see. There is never enough covered storage space but a big factor in this issue is my lack of MHE like skid steer or forklift or such to move big, heavy stacks of lumber. Most of my customers come get a couple hundred bf of lumber for various craft projects, or a mantel, or such. If they want enough for a shed or barn extension I generally have to go custom cut that for them. 

Full time sawyers with big equipment and acres of storage space can have big stacks of air drying lumber on top of each other and go move a stack or two to reach the one the customer needs to see. There are threads with really neat roof tops that sit on top of a drying rack/stack of that serve as covers and also provide weight to help the boards dry straight.

Good luck. Take advantage of every piece of equipment, shelter and land you have available to you.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Lawg Dawg

Quote from: clintnelms on July 02, 2018, 07:27:58 PM
Thanks everyone. I've had a Woodland Mills HM126 for two years now so I've got everything setup already. Just need to move the old mill and move the new one in.
Quite the upgrade! I'm happy for you  :).  Joe told me when I upgraded from the lt15 to the lt40 " you gonna think you sawin with a rocket ship". And by golly if he wasn't right!
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

clintnelms

Quote from: Lawg Dawg on July 02, 2018, 07:53:15 PM
Quote from: clintnelms on July 02, 2018, 07:27:58 PM
Quite the upgrade! I'm happy for you  :).  Joe told me when I upgraded from the lt15 to the lt40 " you gonna think you sawin with a rocket ship". And by golly if he wasn't right!

I can see that. I'm sure I'll be feeling the same way!

WDH

Good air drying sheds are a Sawyer's best friend. 

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

clintnelms

That's nice! Maybe one day.

Lawg Dawg

Quote from: clintnelms on July 02, 2018, 08:52:27 PM
Are you sawing for a living or hobby, personal, maybe part time extra income?

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

clintnelms

Quote from: Lawg Dawg on July 02, 2018, 08:56:49 PM
Quote from: clintnelms on July 02, 2018, 08:52:27 PM
Are you sawing for a living or hobby, personal, maybe part time extra income?

More for hobby, personal, maybe part time extra income. Something to do when I get closer to retirement also.

clintnelms

Well I picked up my mill on the 25th as scheduled. Wouldn't you know I still have not had a chance to use it yet besides the day I picked it up. Went to Nashville on vacation the day after picking it up and been busy every day since I've been back. And it's looking like I'm not going to have time this weekend either.

Southside

Mill looks great - but two questions.  1) Where did you get a truss span that long? 2) Can't you teach the bulldog to run the mill when you are gone? :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

clintnelms

Quote from: Southside logger on August 09, 2018, 12:04:42 AM
Mill looks great - but two questions.  1) Where did you get a truss span that long? 2) Can't you teach the bulldog to run the mill when you are gone? :D

I got the truss from Little River Pole Barns in Adel, GA. It's 30 foot long. I have two Bulldogs and they're too lazy to do any kind of work lol.

Southside

Thanks. I had two myself, great dogs. Now I have two Bassett Hounds, I tell folks they are a stretched out version of a Bulldog. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

thecfarm

2 questions.
Will that support the snow? :D  :D  :D  :D 
How can you wait to saw on that mill?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clintnelms

Quote from: thecfarm on August 09, 2018, 08:04:28 AM
2 questions.
Will that support the snow? :D  :D  :D  :D
How can you wait to saw on that mill?

I'll take my chances on the snow load here in Southwest Georgia 😂 😂 😂

WDH

hturner12

I called Stanton at Ezboardwalk today, mine goes into production  at the end of the month. They are high production;D 2 and half mills a day.
Hugh
Ezbordwalk Jr

Thank You Sponsors!