iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

96 f250 7.3

Started by coxy, March 03, 2016, 05:43:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

can you take the oil pan off with out pulling the motor  it has the split front end / twin I beam  some tell me I can cut the cross member out then weld it back together I don't mind doing that if it will work    thanks

Gearbox

Is your oil pan leaking . I just J B welded mine . I heard you can get the pan off by pulling the turbo and motor mounts then jacking it up to clear the pan . Also heard that you may have to do it twice as you can't see if the front gasket stays in place
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

sawguy21

I wouldn't do it, I would be concerned about liability in the event of an accident if the insurers discovered that cross member had been cut and welded.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

dnalley

Please share what you're looking to do and what you come up with.  Best of luck

coxy

well doing a little more looking it is leaking from the dip stick where it hooks to the pan looks like there is a big nut of some kind and its loose there must be some kind of a gasket there going to gob some silly puddy on there and try and slow it down leaks about a gal a day     thanks for the info

coxy

Quote from: sawguy21 on March 03, 2016, 07:31:28 PM
I wouldn't do it, I would be concerned about liability in the event of an accident if the insurers discovered that cross member had been cut and welded.
I wouldn't  think there should be any trouble your allowed to weld the main frame I would think that would be worse  :-\

jtmccallum

Do a search for 7.3 dipstick adapter.  There are youtube videos showing how to replace the o ring on the adapter.  O ring is inside the pan on the adapter.  There is also an adapter that seals from the out side of the pan.  A little pricey at 299.00 :o   Hope your fix works.
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

snowstorm

i changed one once that was enough. unhooked the trans and exhaust lifted the motor took off the oil pickup tube. there was nothing fun about it but it can be done

jmouton

mine leaked from the dipstick and the o-ring was bad ,, it was easy,  you have to use a pair of needle nose vise grip  pliers to hole the part in the pan and then loosen the nut ,  put new o-ring on and then tighten the nut up ,  once you get into it youll see how it works  ,just dont drop the part in the oil pan or you will be taking the oil pan off,  ,if there is a hole in the pan , cut it out and weld a new patch on ,  been there too,, 

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Try this website:      http://powerstrokehelp.com/7.3liter/7-3_main.asp

This place is in Georgia. You can even call them with your questions.
All this place does is Powerstrokes.....nothing else.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

coxy

Thank You Sponsors!