iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ANY TIMBERKING USERS OUT THERE

Started by rs1626, March 04, 2004, 04:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rs1626

JUST CHECKING TO SEE IF ANYBODY USES B-20  SEEMS LIKE EVERYBODY TALKS ABOUT WOODMIZER

Larry

Welcome to the forum RS.  Quite a few guys are running Timberkings out there.  Here is one of the better ones.  Rons Custom Cut Sawmill  He dosen't do computers but you can see him with his mill if you click on the link.

Last time I talked to him.  He told me Will Johnson was trying to sell him a new mill.  He told me that he would buy one but his old mill is "not even close to being wore out after a zillion feet."

Not trying to pump any brand of sawmill as I run a Kasco IIB
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Bibbyman

Welcome to the Forum rs1626,

Tell us about your TimberKing and what you are sawing with it.  Got pixs?  We love pixs. ;D

I know a great guy in Columbia, Mo. with a TimberKing electric mill.  Well into retirement and sawing, drying, and building his own home.  Doing his own millwork too.   I've got to get by and check on him and see if he's moved in yet.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

shopteacher

Welcome to the forum rs1646. I think as you frequent the forum you will find talk of just about every make and type of mill made.  A lot of folk have Timberking and if you have any questions or problems they'll be more than happy to help you out as will all the other member regardless of the make of their mill. Heck, some of these folk are so good they build their own.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Swede

rs1626

"JUST CHECKING TO SEE IF ANYBODY USES B-20  SEEMS LIKE EVERYBODY TALKS ABOUT WOODMIZER "

If I had the money a B-20 ought fit fine outside my workshop! :) I´ve not seen one because here is no TimberKing dealer in Sweden but it´s the right size for me and it´s a 4-poster.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Bibbyman

You know,  rs just asked if anyone our there uses  TK B20.  He didn't say he had one.  

Maybe he just want's to start a conversation about TK mills?
Sawing since '94

rs1626

yeah  bibbyman just trying to get some input on tk's  got one ordered  just trying fr some advice

Bibbyman

Only thing I've heard is that their heads wobble.  Or .... was it the heads of the owner's that wobbled?  
JUST KIDDIN' !  

Like I says,  I only know one person with a TimberKing in our area although there are others.  (I can't remember the model number but it's got all the hydraulics and a 3ph motor – 15hp I think.)

This older gentleman was using it to saw out lumber for a house he was building.  Mary and I visited with him a couple of times and he was pleased with the mill.  His lumber looked quite good.  He'd had one problem,  that I remember,  and that was early blade failure.  By the next visit,  TK had helped him make some tracking or tension adjustment and that problem was cured.

What model TK mill do you have on order and what are your plans?
Sawing since '94

EZ

I've seen a few TK mills saw and I was really impressed with the carrage and sawhead. There was no vibration at all, very impressive.
EZ

LSUNo1

Swede

Bibbyman, You are right! I was thinking and tired.............. ´o`
And perhaps it´s that simple that we 4-poster people acts as Orange people, never missing a chance to uphold our right? :)

rs1626; With a 4-poster You don´t need much advices.

EZ; If there is vibrations in a 4-poster, don´t blame the saw mill!

Swede. *also kidding* ^__^

PS. Who have stolen my smiley-box?? >:(

Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

LeeB

I run a 1200. Wish I had upped the cash and went with the b20. No complaints with what I got though, just alot of work. TimberKing makes a good product and they are good people. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

rs1626

hey bibby b-20  we have 130 acres of wood would like to saw lumber for own use maybe do some custom sawing  who knows?

ladylake

RS
I bought a B20 last fall, sawed around 25000 ft so far. Works great. Fast log handling, fast head travel, cuts nice. Only complaint is setting the log loaders up and down, they're heavy. I made a little bracket so I could just swing them up, that helped a lot. Computer setworks is really nice. Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

rs1626

hey ladyluck do you have any problems with tension or brakeing blade talked to somebody else who had older model that had som problems in that area

ladylake

Not too many problems. Getting about 5 or 6 sharpings out of a blade. My mill has the belt on the wheels, I think the older ones didn't and had to be lined up really good or they were hard on blades.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Jacar

rs1626,

I like agree w/ LeeB, great company and great mill.  I have the 1220.  Would love to have the B-20 or 1600, but just can't justify it.

Lot of work on the manual mills.  

Jacar
Jack Watkins

Bibbyman

Hay!  ??? Why's everyong talking about TK on this post?  ::)
Sawing since '94

ladylake

Hey Bibbyman
I got a Chevy pickup too. Up kind of early today are'nt you, beat me by a little but I'm kinda late today. Steve

Bibbyman

It got up to the lower 70's yesterday and we let the fire go out.  I got up about 2:30 and built a new one and set the tea kittle on the stove.  While I was up,  I checked in on the FF.  

I did go back to bed and "slept in" unit 5:00. :(
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Was there anybody on? I cant find a time anymore when the place is empty other then me. At 5:00 EDt when I usually first check during the day I used to be the only one on quite often. Cant remember the last time there was Noooobody on.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

I think there was at least one guest.

We done talking about TK now?  

Let's get back to talking about Wood-Mizers  8)
Sawing since '94

Jeff

Not on this thread you aint. I'm thinking on giving Will delete permissions that target only users names that start with Bib ;D

Jeff

I guess it would be easier and far more interesting if he just got your login info :o ;)

Stump Jumper

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Thank You Sponsors!