iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lt 40 ride along seat

Started by reswire, November 09, 2014, 06:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeb1079

interested in this thread as i just picked up an lt 40 super....bout the only thing it didn't have was the seat.  i prefer to saw alone and was wondering if it's still worth it?  sounds like peter and red oaks use it solo....would anyone care to elaborate about solo sawing methods with the ride along seat?
that's why you must play di drum...to blow the big guys mind!
homebuilt 16hp mill
99 wm superhydraulic w/42hp kubota

Peter Drouin

The trick is to cut the log all up, then step off and put the lumber away
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

red oaks lumber

the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Magicman

When I am sawing alone, I ride sorta "side saddle" and with the stool, I have never seen any disadvantage whatsoever with using the seat.  And then there is the distinct advantage of being able to see the off side of the log while sawing.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bandmiller2

I have never milled sitting, band or circular, but have stood behind the orange podium. I prefer to be a little closer to the action. My bandmill has power feed and will trip off at the end of a cut but I still walk along. Many times I have spotted a small stone or nail in the bands path and could stop and remove it. That said if I ever build another bandmill it may be all self contained on the carriage with a seat. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!