iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

So much for resting. There has been something driving nuts and I just had to tackle it now that things are drying up. DanG mill shed that I been working on had a big problem. One side had a drop about 3/4" center. The people I got this "free" building didn't know what they were doing. Spanning 14', using 2"x6" just wasn't going to cut it. No matter how high I jacked up that side center, it wouldn't let the ends drop down. >:( So, the more I checked things, I found out that they also used some 2x8's, but cut the ends to 2x6. >:(

So, to fix things, I had cut out the end floor joist and replaced it with two new 2x6. The plan worked ;D I do have a 6x6 running under the ends and center. All things are good now and I will start back doing the siding. ;D

The siding I doing.

And a picture of my sheetrock lift in action. :D

Darrel

Yup, some days it's more work to stay in bed and rest then it is to just get up and go to work. Lookin good!
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Magicman

Looking good Sir. 

We have a couple of medical hiccups going on here but when we get them behind us we are planning a visit.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

I'm sending prays for y'all. God speed to a fast recover.

I did get a little work done on the shed yesterday, but had to stop. :( Maybe a little more today. Moving at a snails pace. :(

Bruno of NH

Good work Mr Fish
You are doing good :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

fishfighter

Why thanks Sir.

Got a little more done on the shed, but the heat ran me off. :( First day of Spring is what, tomorrow? Already to hot. :(

fishfighter

Saturday, I had My son, daughter and SIL over for a day of sheetrock floating. They did a great job. Now if only I can get them back for a sanding party. :D Small steps, but getting there. 8)

fishfighter

The last two days I been working on the back bedroom roof along with some wiring. I had done one side in the pass, but due to weather I been putting it off. With the good weather we been having, it was time for me to finish that roofing. It's in place, but I still need to trim it out. I will finish that today.

For some reason being kind of old and doing roofing just don't mix. ;D DanG knees and lower back is hurting. ;D

Tomorrow, I will be spraying the second coat of roofing kool seal paint. My knees are not up to it to do it today. :(

sandsawmill14

fish sounds like your making good progress you will be finished in no time ;) smiley_thumbsup
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

fishfighter

I don't know about finishing this any time soon. Only been working on this for 2 years. :o When I built my house which is 4 br/2baths, from ground breaking to finished, I did it in 6 months. And yes, I did more then 90% of all the work and worked a full time 12 hour shift job at the same time. :o But back then, that was 17 years ago. :D

BigZ La

Back then you were young fish, now not so. Us old guys have to pace ourselves.  :D

fishfighter

For sure, but I still think that I can do what needs to be done. Well, things just didn't work out yesterday. Made one climb up on a ladder and had to call it a day. Must of got some bad food Friday night. Spent the day in the bathroom or bed. >:( A bit better this morning, but still kind of weak. :(

Magicman

It's good to see you plugging along ff, but take care of yourself.  Remember, we do not mix well with ladders.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Quote from: Magicman on April 09, 2017, 09:51:16 PM
It's good to see you plugging along ff, but take care of yourself.  Remember, we do not mix well with ladders.   :-\

For sure. :o How's that arm and shoulder?

Still didn't do any work on the camp yesterday. Was still dragging, but helped the wife with a little yard work.

Today, I got to hang around my heart monitor for a remote reading. Once that is done, I have to finish up that roof. Rain in the forecast , and tomorrow I have to go to New Orleans. Doctor appointments. :(

If I have a little extra time, I will go fell a few oak trees and drag the logs out. I'm in need of some heavy timbers for my saw shed.

fishfighter

I did finish up the roofing and did some rock sanding and applying a second coat of mud to the sheetrock Monday.

Yesterday's trip to New Orleans was somewhat ok. Doctor doubled up the new med and read my heart monitor report. Wasn't to happy on that. Showed I had 3 bad episodes in the last 3 months. He asked why I didn't go to the ER to be checked. :o Oh well.

Going to try and get out today and do some sawing. In need of some lumber for the mill shed. ;D Besides, the wife will be going into work today and she flat out told me NO ladders today. :D 

Magicman

fishfighter

After being married 37 years to me, smart might not be the right statement. :D

Guess the old saying, "love is blind" is true. :D

Got out and sawed up some 4x4's and 6x6's. DanG, it got HOT quick this morning. The sun is telling me I need to get hopping on my mill shed quick. :o

fishfighter

Been a few weeks, but today I got back on the project hanging more sheetrock and sanding. Step by step, I hope to finish up this project by the end of the summer.

Magicman

It's good to see you making progress again. 

Nothing happening here tomorrow....rain.

fishfighter

Rain coming here too. Going to do some more work on the camp inside today. Still waiting on replacement parts for my mill which should be here Monday.

Now the bad news. I have to head to New Orleans Monday. My heart monitor has been going off. They called yesterday evening and wanted me to go to the local ER. Told them I was ok, so they changed my appointment a couple days early. Learn one thing from the past. Never, ever do I want to go down there on a Thursday or Friday. If they put me in the hospital on those days, no matter what, they always keep me thru the weekend. Anyway, it might be that my battery is dying. Last check said less then a year. I'm paced 100% of the time and if the battery gets to low, it might not have the power to fire off the defibulator  if I need it. Since last Saturday, I been dragging somewhat. So, that is why I think the battery is getting low. :(

Magicman

Please keep us updated and my prayer is for a successful outcome.

grouch

fishfighter:

You know even a cordless weed whacker needs a recharge now and then. Don't want that little dog having to wake you up in the yard again.
Find something to do that interests you.

fishfighter

Thanks guys, I'm still ticking. DanG battery suppose to last 10 years. Been having this thing in me just over 7 years. In all that time, it only fired off three times. Something I hope it never does again. :o Not a good feeling getting kicked in the chest by a mule. But, it could be worse. ;D

Going to go pick up a load of SYP logs today. Been putting that log trailer to work. Cost wise,  been burning about $10 in fuel per load of logs. So that is around $3 per log which avg size has been 16' long and the small ends around 20". 8)

sandsawmill14

i knew pine was cheap but that is about the best/worst price i have heard of ( depending on which side your on ;D ) :D
hope everything goes well for you at the doc and will be praying for you :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

fishfighter

The logs are for free. Just helping a guy out getting them off his place. He had them felled a couple weeks ago. He didn't want to burn them.

Thank You Sponsors!