iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

540a axle trouble

Started by teakwood, September 15, 2014, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teakwood

Hi guys, i am new here.
I have a worn Ring gear and pinion(Spiral Bevel) on the front axle of mi deere 540a skidder. Does anyone now were i can find a used one? they have to be matching units.
I have a complet spare rear axle and i was quiet happy when i looked to the Ring gear as they are in perfect condition. turns out that both axles are identical, just the Ring gear and pinion are right and left handed (right hand front, left hand rear. so i can not use this spare parts because its a rear axel pinion. I need the front one. thanks for any answers.
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Maine logger88

Welcome too the forestry forum! Where are you from I know a guy who is parting one out he would probably sell the whole front end but depending on where you live it may not be worth it
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

teakwood

Well, I live in Costa Rica, so anyway i would have to ship the part to miami and have my local export agent shipping it down for me to Costa Rica. so i will be just interested in the two parts. Anything bigger, like a whole axle, would be to expensive to ship. Thanks for you help 

Maine logger88

Well I guess that wouldn't work then. You could talk to Harolds Logging in Hampden Maine I am sure they could get you what you need

thecfarm

teakwood,welcome to the forum.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

teakwood

thanks for the info. Another question: I need the brake shoes and parking brake shoes. Where can i get them? John Deere dealer? or are they other options?

Maine logger88

For my b I have got them from Harolds. Deere  sells them too but there a lot more $$$. I believe the brakes and different in a A tho mine are in the rear and front end. Are yours in the back of the trans?

teakwood

Thanks I will give them a call. On each axle they are 2 brake discs on on the left on on the right. this discs are being pressed be 3 shoes and on brakeplate. I need the fiber on the shoes and the three fibers on the plate. so they are 12 fibers on each axle. the hand brake is in the back of the transfercase.

Maine logger88

That's the same setup as my b make sure you get the rivets too

teakwood

Maine logger88 can you get me an email adress of harolds? I found the direcions in the web but no email adress. thanks for your help

Maine logger88

I will call them tomorrow and get an email and pm you with it or if you want the phone number I can give you that

Thank You Sponsors!