iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Big load

Started by Wallys World, July 15, 2009, 10:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wallys World

We are having a big load for a forging press in Martinsville Va coming thru our area today, tomorrow and next week. They are coming from Newport News area and take 4 days to get to Martinsville. Theydrive from 6:30PM til 6:30AM to avoid most of the traffic. This truck was parked on US 29 near Madison Heights, VA and my wife and I went to se it today. They say it weighed 500,000 pounds and 225 feet long. Each fifth wheel assembly has steering cylinders. I want to see it on the move but I'm working all night tonight but this is my last night of my shift so maybe tomorrow I can track down the other. They have a second tractor that pushes from the rear when they are going. There is a picture of the push bar. WOW!!!

Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

Dave Shepard

That's really cool! I love to see rigs like that, and the ingenuity it takes to get big stuff moved. We had a 300 ton transformer go through a year or two ago. Sad thing is it went through Pittsfield, home of  Stanley Electric and GEs transformer division. A slap in the face to have a Brazilian transformer go through town. :-\
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

DanG

Wow!  Near as I can figure, there are 74 wheels on that dude!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

ScottAR

Sweet pics!

Since natural gas fields have popped up around this part of the country
we've seen lots of large things moved through town but none this big.

Since a wind turbine plant has been announced, I suspect more
big stuff will continue to flow by.  8)
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

fishpharmer

That's incredible! 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

okmulch

We see a lot of wind turbine equipment go thru Stillwater. Oklahoma has all these toll roads so the big trucks have to travel the highways. I have seen them come thru town and the police stop side street traffic because the big truck has to zig zag thru the stop lights. My five year old loves to see them go by. His school is along the main road thru town and his teachers tell us he watches for them when he is on the playground.
Rotochopper b66 track, #2 Rotochopper b66 track, woodmizer lt40, CAT 277b, CAT 268b, CAT 287c, CAT 277c, CAT299d2, CAT299d3, CAT 299d3, Volvo 70e,volvo70f, volvo90f

tonto

WOW, what an awesome looking rig. It look even bigger in person. Tonto.
Stihl MS441 & Husqvarna 562XP. CB5036 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2. Don't spend nearly enough time in the woods.

SPIKER

looks like it might be heavy :)

seen several loads like this, giant 225 ton presses, (disassembled) heading to LUK Clutch in Wooster, my shop did some of the assembly work for those things.. I also drove by the largest overload truck ever cough attempting to skirt some of the permits required.   it had Press parts from the old Chrysler Tank Plant on it.  I think it was 275 Tons on one of the 2 trucks and 223 Tons on the other one.   They had them moved a few miles down the road, and into a truck parking area, they sank into the asphalt overnight and ended up setting there for almost a year.   If I remember right they had pretty much sank to the frames and slightly beyond and needed NEW truck trailers and cranes to come in & disassemble as much off them as possible...   This happened in Lodi Ohio I think in '83 or so.   I was riding the bus back then and we had to slide by them almost in the ditch as they were going down a small country road when cops got em.   Might be able to locate pictures on the net someplace but wasn't much INTERNET back then :D
argh: looked but cant find the info on-line :(
Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Wallys World

I didn't get a chance to go see the next load that came thru yesterday., but I did see it on the news. I was a huge crate that took up most of both lanes and they showed the push tractor behind it. What a job to have!
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

Thank You Sponsors!