iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cured salmon

Started by tule peak timber, April 18, 2019, 06:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tule peak timber

Blend every thing but the soy sauce and layer the raw fish in the mixture for 24 hours in the refer. Tomorrow I will show part 2 of the curing .

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

69bronco

BradMarks

Celery, hot peppers, and ginger? or is it horseradish? or something else?

tule peak timber

Cilantro, ginger, serranos, salt , sugar. I'll post part two later today with the soy sauce. This is basic old school sushi with a Pacific Rim twist. Better than squaw candy. A favorite in our house.

tule peak timber

So a day later out of the marinade, rinse, and the fish is like leathery jerky.

Back into sweet soy sauce for a couple of more days before it is ready.

tule peak timber

After the salmon is out of the marinade I put boneless chicken back in for smoking tomorrow night. Turns out like wild spicy jerked chicken. I hate wasting the marinade so I use it twice. :)

WV Sawmiller

I don't think that is the right mix for your marinade. If you will go ahead and send me the salmon when you get it out of the smoker I can check it out and let you know what you need to change. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

tule peak timber

And the first of the salmon this afternoon with the smoked chicken later for dinner.

Thank You Sponsors!