iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Shop Project for 911

Started by shopteacher, August 29, 2003, 05:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shopteacher

As promised I'm posting some of the pictures I have of items the kids and school staff have done over the past few years.  These pictures are of flag cases to hold the burial flags of the police, fireman and victims of the planes and World Trade Center.  We built 100 cases for the victims families.  We were not alone in our effort as many other groups and organizations also participated. We were very fortunate to have supplies and materials donated. Frank Miller Lumber of Union City, Ind. donated and shipped the quarter sawn white oak for the cases. AFG Glass donated the glass cut to size and ABF Freight lines transportated the cases to New York.  It was a great project, but a very sad one to work on. The pictures are of some of the kids and volunteers working and packing the cases for shipment.

We created and etched these tributes (at school) for the companies who donated materials or transportation as a token of our appreciation. They are a frame the same size as the flag case with the inscription acid etched into the glass.

Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Fla._Deadheader

8) 8)That is really a "Class Act".  8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

dewwood

Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

woodhaven

It's a Honor to know you sir. That was a great thing you did. I hope your class is real proud of themselves. I AM !!!!!!!
Richard

Mtnjack

Hey shop teacher that adds real value to you and your students thanks.P.S My grandmother lives in baldwin.

Frank_Pender

You have shown what the essence of teaching is all about.  Thank you for that successful effort.   And, thank your students for coming though with "flying colors". 8)
Frank Pender

Norm

Thanks for showing us your special project. Be sure to let your students know were proud of them too.

Haytrader

Ditto what they said.
You taught them lots more than how to work with wood.
Haytrader

dail_h

Shooooeeeeee what good work,and a good project.I knew not all kids is bad ,thank'em for us
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Ed_K

Great Project  8). Way to go  8) 8) 8).
 thanks for sharing it.
 Ed K
Ed K

RavioliKid

Shopteacher,

That is an awesome project! You and your students are to be commended!

RavioliKid

shopteacher

8)Thanks for all the nice comments 8).  If you don't mind I'll print out your comments and post them on the shop bulletin board. If you do mind, I'll disregard it and print them anyway.  :D :D :D  I'll take a few shots of the other projects and post them soon.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

RavioliKid

Yes, indeed! Post these comments on your bulletin board!

You and your students should be proud of what you did and the way you have helped to support those who need to know that we still care. The workmanship looks awesome!

If you want to undertake a project to make picture frames for my students, just let me know. I teach third grade at an arts magnet school, and I want to be able to frame a piece of art for each student by the end of the year. I keep collecting frames at garage sales and such, but I always need more!

RavioliKid

Thank You Sponsors!