iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Starting 13th heating season

Started by Wood Shed, October 12, 2018, 07:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wood Shed

Fired up the CB 6048 for the 13th season this morning.  Had it going by 5:30 AM, my wife said "you have it going already" not knowing I had the fire built and ready to lite yesterday while she was at work. LOL  I know my fingers are crossed again this year, guess I have one of the good ones.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in." -Greek Proverb

MAF143

Good luck with your system.

I wanted to fire up our woodstove last Friday night after sitting out in the cold rain watching the Golden Knights beat the Purple Indians.  But as usual I was behind on maintenance and had to change the fire brick and a couple of air tubes in our stove Saturday morning.  We got it running later that day though.  The Knights have a pretty good team and we wanted to get out to see them play at least once this year.

Seems like we had a quick transition from summer to COLD this year.  I still have lots to do outside yet.  Speaking of which, I better get out there and make it happen...
Always having a great day!
Husky 357 self ported, MS 250 MM, MS 362  MM, HM-126, Ferguson TO-35, '04 F-250 wood cuttin' truck, splitter, Woodland Mills Grindlux 4000 sharpener, Vogelzang Ponderosa keeping us warm

ButchC

We bought our OWBs the same year, started mine up last Friday for season number 13. Wife came home and saw the smoke from the stack and was all smiles, she loves that hot water.
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

olcowhand

You Ohio Boys must be livin' right!
Our Fire's been lit for about 3 weeks now. We only use the Add- On to heat our home. We've been using wood exclusively in this home for 9 years now, and I've been burning wood for over 40.
Right now, it's 52 degrees out in Northern Michigan, and we've got the kitchen windows open to help keep it "Temperate".
What a blessing wood is! God is Great!
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

petefrom bearswamp

13th on my classic also
Been burning all summer to get rid of some of my Hemlock slabs and heat domestic h2O.
Im at the bottom of my last Hemlock rick and the next will be all hardwood slabs cut last year.
Have about a month's worth of these slabs loaded on 2 trailers, then will go to split cord wood 23" long.
Started burning wood for all my heat in 1973, as a result of the oil embargo, first inside with a variety of stoves now outside first with a very hungry Taylor now a classic.
Any leaks wood shed?
I have had one on a stay pin weld about 5 yrs ago.
MAF must have been cold to turn those indians purple.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!