iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Meteor cylinder kits

Started by Timbercruiser, January 27, 2015, 01:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbercruiser

Hi guys my question to you guys is on cylinder kits.  There is alot of aftermarket kits. Has anyone used a meteor kit and put lots of hours on a saw ????  I mean like cut with it five days a week.  What kind of luck has everyone had with meteor parts in hard use. Are they OEM Quality or not ???  Thanks

ZeroJunk

No, I haven't used one everyday or put a lot of hours on one. But, I have rebuilt a boat load. The Meteor kits are very nice.
But, I think if I was making a living with a saw I would spend the extra money and buy OEM. If you spread that cost difference out over the amount of time you are talking about it does not amount to much. I think it is quite likely that the Meteor would last just as long, but I think I would be slightly more comfortable with OEM in your case. Guys who having one puke at the wrong time is going to cause them more than $200 worth of headaches.

ohiowoodchuck

I though meteor was or is a oem supplier?
Education is the best defense against the media.

Cut4fun

As far as I know meteor is aftermarket and the pistons are just as nice as OEM on most occasions. Cylinders I have no experience with yet.

Thank You Sponsors!