iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Testing out my new Grindlux sharpener

Started by Novascotiamill, December 18, 2017, 07:58:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novascotiamill

Hello folks
I finally got a chance to set up and tryout my new grindlux sharpener from woodland mills. It took about an hour to put together and another two hours to get it set up properly,the directions are vague and I didnt have access to the internet. My first blade was a lennox blade that woodland mills sells in bulk,I dulled it sawing some pitchy hemlock. When i sharpened the blade at the 10 degree setting on the sharpener the angle looed slightly off,need a protractor, anyway I set the blade to sharpen with the auto stop set up,its really boring watching the sharpener! The auto stop worked fine.
Today was a nice day so I decided to saw some oak slabs,after the blade on the mill got dull I swapped in the one I had sharpened and it cut like butter,no diving or wandering,however I did notice it seemed to dull quicker than factory sharpened.
   I give the grindlux a thumbs up ! Now to consider a tooth setter and learn the science.
2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Lots of rigid genx5 tools
1 long haired german shepherd
2017 kioti ck2610HST with FEL and forks
Grindlux band sharpener
Wicked 55" root rake grapple
O

Drax52

That is great to hear :) I just bought a HM130 and have been sharpening by hand with a Dremmel. Takes forever to get it right. Will definitely look into buying the Grind now.
HM130, Dolmar720si, small Craftsman chainsaw, Alaskan milll, New Holland 1925

Kbeitz

Nice but I see it does not do 4 degree blades... That's what I use.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

goose63

I have done over 200 blades with my woodland sharpener so its payed for its self.

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Drax52
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

rusticretreater

Quote from: Kbeitz on December 18, 2017, 08:44:18 PM
Nice but I see it does not do 4 degree blades... That's what I use.
There is just not a detent hole for 4 degrees, you could drill your own or find the proper angle and simply drill through the tang and box body and insert a self tapping metal screw.  I use the screw along with the detent hole.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

Tristen

The Tooth setter is just as important as the Grinder.  I have found (or it maybe just in my head) that the first and second sharpening's don't last as long as the factory grind.  But the third sharpening, and any you get after that are just as good or better than the factory grind.   
Interest; Wood mizer LT35 HD,   Husky chainsaws, Firewood, sustainable logging, lumber, Kubota compact tractors
"You are the first person to ever see the inside of that tree"

Thank You Sponsors!