iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

01 Frick foot pedal power receeder for headblocks/ elles

Started by bsawmill, March 26, 2014, 08:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsawmill

Does anyone have any pictures or info on how to install the foot pedal power receeder on a o1 frick?

chopperdr47

I have a Frick O that I would like to know about also. I have seen some diagrams but nothing clear enough that I could use. I have an idea how to do mine but I would like to see one that's in use to cut down on the trial and error.
If ya ain't got what ya need, use what ya got

SPD748

My mill was originally equipped with a foot receder. It's operation is fairly simple... Upon returning the empty carriage, the sawyer steps on a pedal which raises a long timber on the the back side of the track frame. This timber makes contact with a rubber wheel that (through a right angle gear set) turns the set shaft, retracting the knees. I can take pictures of the whole works if you'd like.

Oh, welcome to the forum bsawmill!

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

chopperdr47

Not to hi-jack bsawmill's thread but, I would really like to see pictures of the timber and lift mechanism. I have the receder. The mounting holes are there in the carriage frame but I dont see what to do with the timber.

Ron Wenrich

Here's an old Frick publication that shows how they're installed.  Its on page 11.

http://www.vintagemachinery.org/pubs/327/5031.pdf

You use a jointed timber, so you'll need a hinge and a couple of timbers.  It looks like they're 4x4 in the picture. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

SPD748

Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

bandmiller2

If you own a Frick or any other circular mill for that matter I would put Ron's Frick link to the favorite list. Thanks Ron.  Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

bsawmill

chopperdr47

brb

Thank You Sponsors!