iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

18,000 bdft of fire clearance

Started by TreeBones, July 03, 2008, 11:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TreeBones

This is an 18,000 bdft project of Ponderosa Pine that will go to flooring, siding, roofing and framing of a remodel and some new construction for a rustic cabin near Yosemite. All of these trees were removed for fire clearance and are considered salvage logs since none of the local big mills will process logs under 14" diameter at the small end.

Tom

Don't you just love it when the big mills stick their nose in the air and walk away?

Good Show!  8)

brdmkr

WOW!  First post and 2 pics!  Not to mention a good looking stack of lumber.  Welcome treebones.
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

logwalker

Yes Sir Treebones, I think you are going to fit in here. Nice work and great area to build. Hit us with more pics. Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

thecfarm

Welcome to the forum Treebones.It's 8 inches around here.  Been sawing long?  :D  What size mill you have? I take it you do custom sawing.Did you get any logs for yourself?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

stonebroke

Those are nice looking logs,

Stonebroke

ARKANSAWYER

I like your mill as well.  Got more photos and info?  Oh yea, how do you like grits?

ARKANSAWYER

stonebroke

Why are your mills so picky.

Stonebroke

Dave Shepard

Welcome to the Forum TreeBones! Looks like a nice job. 8) Great pics too, we have a gallery for pictures, let us know if you need help loading them in. ;)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

TreeBones

Happy Independence Day! Thanks to our Founding Fathers. Thanks for the warm welcome.  stonebroke, The two closest big mills no longer run the small logs and the haul to the third mill is 4 times the distance so being portable and milling on site has its benefits.

logwalker

TB, where is that last picture taken? Joe
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

TreeBones

logwalker, That is at Point Lobos looking towards Carmel Bay in Monterey Ca. I Milled a lot of 5/4 X 6 X 16 coral boards from Monterey Pine at this location.

Thank You Sponsors!