iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer Carbide Blades?

Started by rmack, November 11, 2013, 08:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmack

the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

rmack

btw, does anyone know what the first thing is that they are demonstrating in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcc5thEAwiQ
the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

Peter Drouin

I don;t know what the clamp thing is , maybe a thing to hold down a cant if it lifts up so can pull it down
and I have not use the carbide blades .when you get some let us know how they work  :D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

drobertson

That's what it looks like to me too,  I reckon it beats the boomer all to pieces if so, it just looks limited to  a specific length there,   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

pineywoods

I won one as a door prize at the pg roast. Tried it on pine and oak. Cuts well, smooth cut. Lasts longer than a steel blade.

Downside.. Each tooth cuts a full kerf width, no left tooth, raker, right tooth, therefore requires more power to pull it through the wood. On a low powered mill, it's a bit slower..Requires a cbn sharpener, no way to change the set(it actually has zero set). I keep it for special occasions, like sawing dry hickory or osage...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

drobertson

Thanks piney for the post, I have never used a carbide band, although thought about it many times.   Sharpening is the issue with these bands for sure.  I have been through many of logs, dried and hard to soft and doty.  I think that the bands available (excluding carbide) will and should do the job. But if someone wants to run the carbides, then go for it.  My experience with carbide is speed, and more speed, we are regulated by our set up as bought, no way to increase the speeds on the band.  Therefore, run what the machine is designed.  Just a thought, from a way tired soul, ready for bed.  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!