iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Christmass Gifts

Started by Mtnjack, November 21, 2002, 08:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mtnjack

Hey guys i think Jeff is going shopping for us ,tell him want you want from santa.

ADfields

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Haytrader

Why stop at a 40? I'll take a 70  ;D
Haytrader

Weekend_Sawyer

You guys are GREEDY, I'll settle for a new Stihl  MS460. can I get a 24" bar with that? Please?
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Frank_Pender

Jeff, I would never ask you to buy me anything for Christmas.  I would like to have you help me find someone to order Douglas Fir dimensional lumber, as I have about 20,000 bdft of logs in the log yard at this time.   ;D ;D ;D ;D
Frank Pender

Noble_Ma

Frank you leave on the left coast instead of the right coast ;D  I'd order some from you to build my barn.

CHARLIE

I'd like the new Powermatic lathe with the head that slides down the bed. It's only a little over $3,000 which is nothing compared to what the other guys are asking for. :)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

There aint a one of you guys I will let sit on my lap and thats the only way to request gifts from me.

Weekend_Sawyer

Well, in that case, nevemind... my old saws are running fine... thanks for the offer tho. :o

Noble_Ma

Hell, I'll settle for a hat ;D

Weekend_Sawyer

... and you are almost there Noble_Ma!

woodman

Jeff I could use a 30 hour day every day.
Jim Cripanuk

Frank_Pender

In that case, jeff, I withdfreaw my request.  I will find my own market. ;D
Frank Pender

Frank_Pender

Noble Ma, Iffen I can find a truck deadheaded  to your pasrt of the world, when do you want it delivered? 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

Scott_R

Jeff

If you spell like our scholastic reps Frank and woodmills you must have meant a piece of her money. :o

WV_hillbilly

I agree with Woodman  the older I get the less time I have to do the things I want to do . So 6 extra hours a day would be nice.

Hillbilly
Hillbilly

Jeff

The best I can do is give you 4 hours extra a day from Tuesday through Sunday but that means cancelling Mondays. ;D

Noble_Ma

Frank, you deliver!!  Now that's service ;D

Frank_Pender

Noble_Ma,                   My state and national tax accounts, State dept of Rev and IRS) say I have to charge at least a $1.00 mile for service, otherwise it would be considered a gift for you and taxed and income for me and would be taxed. :'(
Frank Pender

Noble_Ma

So I guess that means one hell of a delivery charge Frank.  

Tom

They get you at every turn.  Who's the Boss?  ???

I was once told by an ageing wise man, "don't ever forget that you work for yourself regardless of who you work for".

A wise saying that deserves some thought, but we've let the tail wag the dog to the point that we have to answer to someone else regardless of what we do. :P :-/

Jeff

Thats pure bunk. I am glad I dont live on the left coast when I hear something like that.  If a guy could find someone to do a back hall from west to east coast cheap, then should be the only charge. That's between the trucker and the guy getting the wood.

Frank are you driving the truck? Do you own the truck or the trucking company? Then maybe you are providing the service, otherwise how could service even enter the equation? We have almost all our grade aspen lumber delivered by back haul that would otherwise be a deadhead and it don't cost us $1.00 a mile.

Frank_Pender

I sure messed this all up. I am sorry.  I have a friend that shuttles truckers all over the country.  I was going to ask him if he had any truck in the area and what it would cost to send a full load or a partial back to the East Coast on a deadheaded truck.   Then I began to think outloud (which was a mistake) about just using my F450 and hauling the lumber, Which obviously was even a bigger mistake to mention and said somthing about a dollar a mile. I could not haul enough to build an outhouse on the thing.  It was all a tavisty of thought mismanaged at my end.  I appologize to one and all. :'(
Frank Pender

Thank You Sponsors!