iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for a log loader

Started by junkstang, August 19, 2010, 09:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junkstang

I am looking for a log loader to use with my 440 skidder (which I have had great luck with after consulting this site) on a sunny or frozen Saturday farm logging operation.  I found an old gas powered 580 case forklift about 10 miles from my house.  It runs and operates as it should and the brakes work.  The only rig that I notice on the machine was a bungie strap on the shuttle shift level, and I can't remember now if it was applying pressure to the forward or reverse position.  It was used by a construction company and has been setting in a shed for a few years because they bought a more modern machine.  The owner said to get it moved he would sell for $2000.00.  Will this machine load logs on my 1974 C60 farm truck with 5 foot standards.  I have been using a large 4x4 farm tractor, but the farm tractor is valuable and I also use it all the time in my farming operation and can not afford to tear it up doing alittle part time logging.  Any advise is welcome.

Thanks Junkstang

gunracer1

my buddie has one older than that, mid 60s would be my guess, it will lift 3k 20 feet or so. look for a data tag on it, but it should handle logs just fine.

treefarmer87

you shouldnt have any trouble with it loading logs. i know what you mean about using a tractor. i used a tractor when i started, so i bought a skidder so i woulnt tear it up. how do you like that c 60?
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Ironwood

I have several leads on smallest to mid sized leaders I,ll pm you with some info.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!