iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Overly Enthusiastic People

Started by WV Sawmiller, November 05, 2016, 09:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

Don't you love them! You know the kind - the people you run around excited about the little things that surround us.

My wife's old Shtzhund dog training partner and long time friend from North Carolina came for a few days visit with her new beau. She was a blast and I don't remember the last time we had so much fun. The first thing Tonya did when she got out was wanted to see my sawmill in operation so I cut a 6' walnut stock log into boards. She loved every step of the operation and results then spent a lot of time going through my slab pile to find odd pieces with figure in them. She had some driftwood on her truck she wanted cut into thin slices to use for various woodworking projects and was like a kid in a candy store as I cut them for her.

She got out and picked up and up 3 feed sacks full of walnuts out of my drive then walked down the creek and into the woods behind my house investigating and finding flat rocks for landscaping and special projects.

They went with me to visit a future customer and while I talked she walked along the Greenbrier River behind his camp picking up more driftwood. Then we visited the John Henry memorial and saw the actual railroad tunnel where the race with the steam engine actually occurred.

My wife was running late so we had a WV fish fry the first night then my wife threw a venison roast in the cast iron Dutch oven for the next supper and both were great meals with good company. They took a couple of my log benches home with them and Grayson, her beau, went with me to borrow a neighbor's trailer and pick up my new to me John Deere 750 tractor from the shop and he helped me load, unload and connect the blade.

Tonya was like a little kid excited at every tree, leaf, animal, rock and such we saw. She grew up in rural WV and this was like a homecoming for her. Her attitude is infectious and now I think I will appreciate my surroundings even more. I can't wait for them to return for a longer visit.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Reading that made me remember a little sign that I had on my desk back when I had a desk:

Attitudes are Contagious....is Yours Worth Catching?

Yes, I love being around Enthusiastic People. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Lynn,

Yes I agree. Tonya's whole vocabulary seemed to be "Wow! Amazing! That's Awesome!" It is so refreshing to be around people like that.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Roger2561

I have a co-worker who is the complete opposite; "piece of junk"; "won't work"; "garbage", etc... He has a very negative outlook on life and he tries to bring everyone around him down, but I refuse.  Roger 
Roger

Bruno of NH

The guy that works with me at the condo repair contract is one of the most negitive people I ever known .
Makes for a long day and week some times .
Theirs some thing wrong with every thing :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

timberlinetree

Its the simple things in life that matter! Glad you had a great visit!  :)

PS - Those meals do sound good!!  digin1
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

WV Sawmiller

Roger & Bruno,

We have all worked with and around Grouches like you describe and they often set the mood for the entire workplace. I like MMs little sign he describes about that. That is why upbeat, enthusiastic people stand out so much.

TLT,

They were. I had several meals of leftovers and just finished off the last roast in a couple of sandwiches.
Howard Green

thecfarm

We seem to take things for granted at times. We need someone who is not there every day to really understand how good we have it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

azmtnman

I was raised to sit on my hands and be quiet!  :D
I enjoy things but my enthusiasm is subdued as a result of my upbringing. I am sometimes envious of outwardly enthusiastic people.
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

Thank You Sponsors!