iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

oops

Started by Texas Ranger, October 08, 2018, 11:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Generator battery on start up.  In the middle of hurricane season.

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Raider Bill

Glad you didn't get hurt. That could have left a mark.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

moosehunter

I had that happen on my '72 Nova Rally Sport. I walked out of a job interview,  turned the key and BOOM! Bent the corner of the hood up! The people from the plant I had just left came running out to see what the explosion was. I did get the job. That was 1980.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Bandmill Bandit

Batteries do that on occasion! Lost a farm tractor to a faulty battery.   
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

samandothers

Well that is not good!  Better to find it prior to a storm than during.  Glad no one was hurt or any other damage.

Southside

I am guessing that was not your actual reaction.  Any idea what would cause that to happen?  Any warning signs to look out for?  The battery on my edger is exposed and just today I was thinking of a way to get a cover around it for the inevitable wrench that will one day fall across the terminals.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Texas Ranger

generators have a trickle charger 24/7, I let my checking drop for a year and it got low on water.  3 year old battery.  The battery that blew was a low end, now a high end and back on regular checking schedule.  Sealed batteries blow as well, so, this is one of those "you pays your money and takes your chances".
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Claybraker

Quote from: Texas Ranger on October 09, 2018, 11:53:36 AM
generators have a trickle charger 24/7, I let my checking drop for a year and it got low on water.  3 year old battery.  The battery that blew was a low end, now a high end and back on regular checking schedule.  Sealed batteries blow as well, so, this is one of those "you pays your money and takes your chances".
Some days your the windshield, somedays the bug. In a previous life I was forced to accept gainful employment due to an embarrassing financial situation. The local phone co, was my best option, and they have back up batteries in all the remote equipment, with scheduled maintenance intervals. Even with those precautions one or more of the batteries would go poof (thermal runaway) Stuff happens.

Thank You Sponsors!