iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Squirrels

Started by sprucebunny, April 29, 2009, 06:06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

I have some questions  ;D

Do they land on their feet like cats ???
2 expectant squirrels got fighting and fell off the porch... about a 14 foot drop. One landed on a plastic bucket  :D
( I could hear the thwap   :D )

How many nipples do they have/need ???  :o

Just imagine if humans had 4 nipples across !!!!

When they came back up to get the seeds, they were looking at me like I'd pushed them off !! Silly things  :)

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Jeff

QuoteDo they land on their feet like cats ???
Not if you use #2 shot

QuoteJust imagine if humans had 4 nipples across !!!!

Um, are you trying to get me thumped?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Part_Timer

I'm with Jeff on #1 and now that I think about it I'm in agreement on the second one as well. :)
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

beenthere

You'd have to stretch that squirrel out to see what you are looking at. Don't think they are 4 across, but maybe rows of two or three.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sprucebunny

So beenthere is with Jeff on #1 as well, if he's gonna 'stretch that squirrell out '  :D
You are probably right about that .... she is just too fat to tell.

The squirrels are more amusing than the birds ( to me anyway). Some are friendlier. This one is one of the ones that hangs around on the porch with me and comes to the door to ask for food.

Some of you guys already know what happens when they come IN the door  :D :D :D

isawlogs

I hear them chatering up in the trees here , then you hear the door open,   then           BANG            Thump          They dont land on there feet,  :-\ 

Joan , after they come in , is that when you have a name change , Joan becomes Jane as in Calamity Jane .  ??? :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

sprucebunny

Close, Marcel  ;D

Name change is to Annie ....

Annie Oakley  :D

DR Buck

Found this albino fella last Saturday  near Beckley WV.

First time I've seen an albino squirrel.  Man was he fast.  Disappeared into the trees before I could get any other pictures.  But he hung onto that nut. :D
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Warbird

I detest squirrels.  They rip into house insulation, garbage, etc.  I have a pump pellet/BB gun that I use to keep them clear of my home.  I'd use a .22 but we live too close to the road and I would be afraid of hitting someone.

pigman

We had an albino squirrel live near our house about 20 years ago. We saw him at different times for several years. That is the only one I have ever seen.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

woodmills1

I had a squirrel come down the chimney and destroy the fire box in my furnace, but I got him.  He got trapped in the smoke pipe when the furnace kicked on.  Found him trying to get flat enough to get under the heat.  FRIED >:(
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Onthesauk

Older woman I once knew hated squirrels!  They use to dig up all her bulbs in the garden.  She called them cute rats.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

semologger

One other thing about squirrels i like.

TASTY

Good pitchures. I love to watch them also funny acting critters. I seem to always see alot during deer season.  >:( >:(.

Growing up grandma always feed all the critters. And i always liked to hunt them. She never let me hunt in here front yard and told me to stay out. But when she left home i would always sneak down to her house and hunt them critters. Im sure she knew cause i never got to many but when she was gone i always had meat. And she was missing squirrels.  ;D :D

sprucebunny

That albino is very pretty. I've seen black ones, too.

They are OK untill they get inside  ;)

For Warbird :

Safe for tile floors and washing machines at 6 feet  ;D

Warbird

Thanks Sprucebunny.  I'll have to try some of those.

old joe

My dad had a thing against squirrels,  lived in the suburbs near D.C.  He tried everything keep them out of his birdfeeders.  Nothing worked.  For his 80th birthday, my brother sent him a box marked LIVE ANIMAL .  Inside was a stuffed mounted grey squirrel.  The joke kept him laughing til he died 5 years later.  still miss him.
THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

fstedy

Had them in  my shop raised the dickens with my insulation. They weren't much of a match for a live trap and peanut butter.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

SwampDonkey

I have to clean up on them once in awhile around here. I have one back already. Surprised they come around being so far from the woods.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ironmower

I have afriend that had a (fox) squirrel for a pet. He was free too roam the house, but the little fella got it, when he chewed through the TV cord :o... The same friend does taxidermy and is mountin' an all white one with an all black one. Should be anice mount, both squirrels were shot in the same area.
WM lt35 hd 950 JD

David Freed

Quote from: sprucebunny on April 29, 2009, 10:13:47 PM
For Warbird :

Those do work, but are really hard on gun barrels.

WH_Conley

Got a rifle from a guy that shot a LOT of those, traded the rifle because he couldn't hit anything with it. Grouped terrible. Plugged the bore and filled it with vinegar, let sit overnight, use brass bore brush, scrub. Shot fine after that.
Bill

DR Buck

Quote from: David Freed on April 30, 2009, 07:17:17 AM
Quote from: sprucebunny on April 29, 2009, 10:13:47 PM
For Warbird :

They come in 9mm as well and work for birds in the barn.  ;)

Those do work, but are really hard on gun barrels.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

sprucebunny

Are these rodents smarter than we think ???

I ran out of sunflower seeds yesterday. I gave them some old almonds.

Had to go somewhere this morning and didn't get home with the seeds until about 4. Took my stuff and the seeds out of the car but left the doors open.

Put groceries away and filled the bird/squirrel feeders. About half an hour later I went back to my car and a squirrel had left some "messages" .... some "pellets" on the center armrest and console and the seat  :o I think he/she had been saving up !!!!  :D

The nerve of those demanding little tree rats !!!!

isawlogs

Annie , I am wondering how safe those Shot-Shell's are fur a car seat/arm rest ??? :P   :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Tom

That reminds me of a coon story I read somewhere. :-\ :D

Thank You Sponsors!