iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Newby

Started by leroy in kansas, October 21, 2011, 01:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leroy in kansas

Hello, I thought I better weigh in on the form. I've been lurking for a bit, reading all the posts, and have learned a great deal.

I live in central Kansas. I'm 66 yrs old and have a varied amount of experience in machine work, welding, sales and medicine. My hobby is woodworking in my shop behind the house. Wife of 45 yrs. 2 sons, 2 grandchildren, girl 6 and boy 3, which I enjoy spoiling as much as I can.

I know some of the members from other forms so if someone starts giving me guff don't think anything about it. They just feel comfortable doing so.

Hope I can help with questions that I have some knowledge of.

Thanks  Leroy

r.man

Welcome Leroy, I like you already. The word guff has gone out of fashion in my area and I miss it. I will have to ask my teenaged daughters if they know what it means. It will be a pleasant change from getting things explained to me.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

redbeard

Welcome leroy to FF look foward to reading about your woodworking adventures.
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

GF

Welcome Leroy, there is a lot of great information on the forum, and great people.

GF

Coon

Welcome to the forum Leroy.  Pull up a stump.   ;D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Lambee10

I gotta ask- the knowledge of medicine a result of the machine work and welding?? :D

Welcome from a newbie also...
All animals like me...at feeding time.

M-14 Belsaw and the toys to go with it.

leroy in kansas

LOL, well in a way yes. I found out I couldn't make a living doing machine work and welding so went back to school and learned to do medicine.

paul case

Welcome neighbor Leroy!
The word guff may have went out of style way back when, but I am doing all I can to bring it back!

Kansas is my second favorite state.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

jueston

welcome to the forum  8)

Bill Gaiche

Welcome Leroy, Where are you in central Kansas? bg

VictorH

leroy in kansas

Quote from: Bill Gaiche on October 21, 2011, 09:05:06 PM
Welcome Leroy, Where are you in central Kansas? bg

Bill I'm in McPherson. It's located about an hr north of Wichita.

customsawyer

Welcome to the forum.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

mad murdock

Welcome leroy. One ? for you, are you thinking on feeding yer hobby with self sawn wood? ???
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

paul case

Happy Birthday, mad murdock!

Leroy in kansas,
do you have a sawmill or are you looking for one?
PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

mad murdock

Quote from: paul case on October 22, 2011, 10:38:00 AM

Leroy in kansas,
PC
. DanG, I wondered what the cake thingy was on my post for  ???Oh well, another day older and (hopefully) wiser ;D thanks for the b-day wishes. Leroy a word of warning-- the wood if  ites hard and ya can't shake it! Me be yer infected already? ;D
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

leroy in kansas

Quote from: paul case on October 22, 2011, 10:38:00 AM

Leroy in kansas,
PC

Paul, yes I'm afraid I've jumped off the cliff and bought a bandsaw mill.

http://www.woodworkslive.com/index.php/topic,11397.0.html

try copy and paste with this link to see the pics.
It's an Enercraft/Baker 30HTL.
I've been doing woodworking for most of my life in some form or another. However Sawing logs is something I have yet to learn. I'm sure I'll have many questions once I get started.

millwright

This is the best place I know of to get some good information, good luck on your sawing.

Thank You Sponsors!