iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A new pair of shoes

Started by Magicman, January 31, 2011, 07:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I passed this today.  He is going to make a skidder happy, but I'll bet his billfold wasn't.   :'(

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

A few years ago when I last looked, those things were close to $5000 apiece. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishpharmer

Just doesn't look like 20 grand to me.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

treefarmer87

wonder what size they are? 30.5s maybe?
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Magicman

That trailer is at least 6' and probably 7' wide.  Those 4 tires had his truck weighted down in the rear, and they were NEW.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

CX3

Those tires are at LEAST 4,000 bucks a whack.  Plumb nuts.
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

treefarmer87

yea skidder tires are expensive 18.4s for my C5 are $800 to $1000
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

thecfarm

Nice shiny new chain he bought too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Samuel

Quote from: Magicman on January 31, 2011, 07:58:28 PM
I passed this today.  He is going to make a skidder happy, but I'll bet his billfold wasn't.   :'(

I hope you weren't the one driving as you were snapping pictures... :D
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

Jeff

If he wasn't someone was sitting on his lap.  :D  Look at the hood.

Jeez, a guy can't do anything but drive any more.  A  series of sneezes is more dangerous then taking a picture. Just having a kid in the car is more dangerous then taking a picture.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Yup, about maybe 15 MPH.  We were both slowing down for an intersection.  I pulled in behind him and we both ended up at Home Depot.  I was still looking for a replacement brush, but settled for epoxy instead.

Samuel

Quote from: Jeff on February 01, 2011, 10:54:18 AM
If he wasn't someone was sitting on his lap.  :D  Look at the hood.

Jeez, a guy can't do anything but drive any more.  A  series of sneezes is more dangerous then taking a picture. Just having a kid in the car is more dangerous then taking a picture.

I had to mention it given all the distracted driving discussions ongoing these days...   :D
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

Jeff

Driving down the road with skidder tires on that trailer was the true distraction to guys like us.  :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

tlandrum

the cheapest rubber i can find for my skidder is 3500 a pop for 24.5 x 32 ,the way i look at it is if the y hold air and i can get my chains latched on were not getting new tires. 1 set of chains will go where 4 new tires cant. i have a new set of chains coming next week.i am going to put them up front and take my old ones home and refurbish them and put them out back.
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

snowstorm

bought some for my fowarder 600 55 26.5 first price was 2650 kept looking found them for$1700

BrothersMule

We just brought 4 sets of 30.5 20ply Firestones into stock mounted on 14 lug John Deere rims. 2 sets are new 2 are slightly used. They will go for around $4,000 each and that is minumal mark up. I sell them and i agree its rediculas. We dont stock tires to make a profit we carrie them to help customers so they come back for equipment but even cutting all profit out of them still hurts the wallet.

nhlogga

18.4-34 forestry specials are close to $2,000. The pictured tires look bigger than 30.5's. Maybe 35.5's? My tire guy says ttire prices go up every month. II bought a pair of 18.4 34 Forestry Specials @ 80-90% ffor $1,300 a couple years ago. New ones were  $1,700 each. I was happy as a pig in youknowwhat.  
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

banksiana

Probably cheaper to trade in the equipment than go buy new tires.  What is that, profit from 50 loads of pulp?

Magicman

The logger that just completed the SYP first thinning on some of my leased property had to haul it 165 miles to the paper mill.   :-\  I'll bet it takes him more than 50 loads.

WDH

That is a very long haul for down here.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

log cutter

Lets  see what those tires cost per ton over the life time of a tire. Work 200 days a year, 8 hours a day, 100 tons a Day. life time of tire 5 years. Cost of tire $5000.00(New tube plus fluid). 1 year cost $1000/200 days=$5.00 per day
$5.00/100 tons per day =5 cents per ton.  This is all base on if. If you work 200 days a year, if only work 8 hrs. if the tire will last 5 years,and if the tire cost $5000.00.  Not the most expensive cost per ton on a daily basis, try diesel.
Timbco 475E

WDH

Maine372

you never blow tires when you have spare time or money either.  it comes when you need to pay taxes, or mortgage, or machine payment, etc. or when the mills are about to go on quota and youre trying to stuff them full  before times get tough.

banksiana

Quote from: Maine372 on February 01, 2011, 10:21:16 PM
you never blow tires when you have spare time or money either.  it comes when you need to pay taxes, or mortgage, or machine payment, etc. or when the mills are about to go on quota and youre trying to stuff them full  before times get tough.
Everything that can happen during those times will happen.  Not just in logging, most jobs.  I have also seen it happen just the opposite too, a contract will show up just when you think you're in the poor house.  Life of not working for "the man" can have its highs and lows.

Thank You Sponsors!