iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1 1/2" woodmizer blades

Started by jdtuttle, April 29, 2013, 02:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdtuttle

.045 x 1½ x 158; 9°. I have a 1992 LT40 HD & thought I would try the wider blades instead of the 1 1/4" blades. I was finishing up a saw job Saturday & needed one more blade so I broke into the new box. I put it on with no problem & had to adjust it away from the roller blade guides for clearance. After I put the covers on and pulled the clutch the blade teeth rubbed on the cover & dulled it. I put one of my older blades on to finish the job. Anyone have a similar problem? Do I need to adjust the blade guide roller holder back for clearance?
Jim 
Have a great day

Magicman

I sounds like you also may have to adjust the tracking to move the blade's teeth away from the covers.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

logwalker

He mentioned he had to adjust the blade tracking to clear the rollers. So the next thing to do is move the rollers back in their holders to clear the covers. I switched years ago and bought the proper 1.5" rollers to fully support the wider blade. I think it was an improvement. It wasn't a dramatic difference.
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

Mo

You should move the guide rollers back away from the blade, then get your blade tracking correctly (so it won't hit the covers) and then move the guides to the blade with the propper clearance.

jdtuttle

Thanks guys, I'll order the wide blade rollers & re-adjust the holders and tracking.
Have a great day

Thank You Sponsors!