iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

thanks to the soldier, and god bless the vet, always remember and never forget!

Started by doc henderson, November 10, 2019, 03:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspren

Navy January 70 to December 73, Vietnam for 7 months, later I did 26 years as an Army civilian to get my 30. Last evening I went to the VFW for a ceremony that had nearly 100 boy/girl scouts in attendance and some JROTC cadets to do the flag duties. A young, maybe 13, girl sang the National Anthem in the beginning and Amazing Grace near the end. A very touching evening.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Bncyom33

Jonsereds 70e, CS2152,Stihl MS360, Poulan 655 Bp, poulan 3700 and a 25ton splitter

Ed_K

72-78 USAF most proud of 74-75, 554 Red Horse we helped take care of 72 hundred refugee's End of Nam.
Ed K

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

K-Guy

Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

dean herring

Thank you all for your service and may God bless and comfort the families of the fallen. 🙏🙏
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

clww

Thank you to all veterans. You are the reason we are here.

US Army 1986-1992
US Navy 1992-2012
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

PineNut

Chuck White

Hey PineNut, what did you fly?

I worked on A-26 and A-1E at NKP in Thailand!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ed_K

I like the C130s with the back door down. We would watch the ag fields float by going to the different base's to dismantle them an send to korea.
Ed K

ron barnes

Chuck White, what did you do in NKP??  I was a weapons troop (bomb loader) there 69-70.

rubberfish

I was never able to join the Canadian Armed Forces. 
Tried three times. Denied three times.
My hat's off to all those that have served on our behalf.
Confucius says "He who stands with hands in pocket is feeling cocky"
Bob

Chuck White

Ron;  From April 1969 until sometime in the Fall, I  was assigned to the 609 SOS (Special Operations Squadron) and worked on the A-26's in the Phase Dock as a Ground Crew Aircraft Maintenance member, then the A-26's were retired from Military Service so I had to change squadrons (called a PCA w/o a PCS) and was assigned to the 1st SOS and worked on A-1E's.  Reassigned to Dyess AFB, TX from April 1970-1972, and was discharged, then reenlisted in April 1973 and stayed for the remainder of 20 years and retired!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

TW

Having grown up in a society whe pretty much all old men were world war veterans I just get sick from flag waving and militarism.
What those old men who had spent 3 or 4 or 5 years at the frontline on the Eastern Front told me is very far from the impression conveyed by mainstream media.

As an old war veteran once said "It was a hellish job....... we did it".
They fought modern tanks with firewood logs and molotoff cocktails and prybars. They fought against 10 or 20 times as many enemies. First world war surplus repeating riffles and horse drawn 19th century artillery with strictly rationed munition against modern machine guns and heavy motorized artillery. Reqisitioned farm horses and sleds and a few motor lorries hastily converted to woodgas against endless lorry convoys with all petrol they ever needed.
Then in 1944 the survivors came home and rebuilt a bankrupt country which had pretty much been bombed back to the 17th century.

Many didn't come home at all. Those who came home were often more or less disabled if not physically so mentally. There was no word for post traumatic stess disorder then. It was just called "having been to war". Anyway they once again pulled themselves together and built up the country.
Those men saved us all from opression and mass deportation and massmurder in the Soviet Union.
However the price was high and is still being paid to this day.
Let there be no more wars!.......... and if it must and cannot be avoided by any means.....let us try our best once again like the last time.

florida

TW- That sounds like the America Revolution. Fought with inferior weapons against the world's greatest military and Navy and yet we won. Most of the soldiers then and now paid a terrible price but have saved civilization for everyone else. Wars are a sad part of life. They never end.

World Battleground, 1000 years of war in 5 minutes - YouTube
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

Thank You Sponsors!