iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Divorce and inventory--help

Started by bhub, July 03, 2008, 01:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srt

I see we've had several replies about getting a good lawyer.  While I love that idea in theory, I've never found it to work for me.  Hired a lawyer when bought our first house.  It was an estate sale.  After our well went dry, we found out that the well went dry every summer, and the "kids" knew it, as they had lived at home as adults.   The Earnest money agreement was filled with stuff about the well being good, and them certifying it provided an adequate supply all year long, blah, blah, blah.

Went back to the lawyer.  He charged us more money to write letters that did nothing.  Went to another lawyer who said the first lawyer was OK, and he charged us money.  Finally, we bought a new well.

A year or two later, met another lawyer in a social setting.  He said the first thing Lawyer # 1 should have done was to establish an Escrow account with money from the sale for about a year.  Said it was standard practice in Estate sales.

So, we got screwed - twice!

Here's the question.  How do you know which lawyer is a good one?????

ely

srt- not sure about your question but i can tell you when they are lying. ;D

CLL

You can always tell when lawyers are lying, if their lips are moving their lying.  :D :D
Too much work-not enough pay.

Thank You Sponsors!