iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pics of hydraulic head lift

Started by ozarkgem, March 03, 2015, 06:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozarkgem

This the lift system on my mill. One pic didn't take. The chain goes up the far vertical post and hooks there. The cylinder is 26" stroke. Good thing I took some pics of this. There was a broken link in the chain. Probably the original chain from 1982 I would guess. This is the only repair I have made on the head lift. This is a bullet proof system and has not caused any problem and works superb. 

Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Foxtrapper

2014 WoodMizer LT28

ladylake

Looks good, do you have any trouble with the head drifting down and most hyd valves have little seepage.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

drobertson

;D for a "man in a cabin" ;D  you done good! 8)   I'm thinking you have been sand bagging ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ga Mtn Man

Very clever indeed.  I never would have thought of doing that way.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

ozarkgem

Quote from: ladylake on March 04, 2015, 03:18:34 PM
Looks good, do you have any trouble with the head drifting down and most hyd valves have little seepage.  Steve
if it sits overnight it will leak off. No problems when sawing. I would say its the seals in the cylinder. Probably 30 yrs old.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

ozarkgem

Quote from: drobertson on March 04, 2015, 03:58:22 PM
;D for a "man in a cabin" ;D  you done good! 8)   I'm thinking you have been sand bagging ;D
This is not my design. Its the way Mighty Might builds them. If I do build one I will use this design. Cheap and bullet proof.

Will_Johnson

Principles are very similar to the system we currently use on TK mills. Nice to see!

Thank You Sponsors!