iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's better than sawing through a ceramic insulator?

Started by Southside, June 15, 2018, 07:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside

The answer of course is picking up your 70cc chainsaw with a square chisel chain and while carefully cutting off the flitch which is concealing the ceramic gem in the walnut log, slamming right into the middle of the offending insulator. 

Now we are in the chips....

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

btulloh

HM126

SawyerTed

Gee Whiz that's time to take a BC for the headache.....
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

nativewolf

Ochh, come up to Delaplane and I'll give you a nice log with no insulators.  Name your Diameter.
Liking Walnut

Crossroads

If I understand correctly, you got it with the mill and the chainsaw? I'm impressed! Sounds like something I'd do 🤡
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Southside

Yup - a double hitter - If your're going to cause destruction, may as well do it right!!!  The old barn hinge I found today was just icing on the cake, but I only got that with the mill.  For what it's worth turbos won't saw all the way through the round part of a barn hinge, they give up about half way, I was disappointed in the bands performance on that one.   >:(
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Just Right

I didn't get the ceramic with the mill.  But I did get one with the chainsaw.  Since I saw it,  I thought I was far enough from it.  There I go thinking again.  But I will be on the look out for a barn hinge,  then I can tell you if the 4 degree blades perform any better.
If you are enjoying what you are doing,  is it still work?

UpInATree

I saw the topic and thought to myself *DanG what is he using for blades?  Last one I hit went about the same as yours.
Wood-mizer LT70HD D55 Wireless, Wood-Mizer ED-26, A whole bunch of Stihls. Alaskan Mill 74",  Bucket Truck, Log Truck, Chippers, trailers, dump trucks,   Kubota M9540, L3010D and B7510. Cord King.   Learning Timberframing under Jim Rogers

Thank You Sponsors!