iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sawmill shed begins

Started by tgalbraith, April 18, 2013, 07:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgalbraith

8)  Well, I set the first corner post for my mill shed yesterday.  About 20 inches down, I ran into
a boulder about the size of a fat ATV tire. Took some work, but I finally got it out of the way.
I know you guys like pictures, so as soon as there is enough to show up; I will add a photo journal.
Just felt good to get started. :D 8) :D
M Belsaw, 46" insert blade, Oliver 88 power  plant

thecfarm

Lucky you on the boulder size. Around here it would be a fat skidder tire. ;D  Or bigger!!!!
Yes,it does feel good to get started. Good luck.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Sawdust Lover

Keep us posted on this one. We all love mill sheds. And be thankfull you didnt have to blast, yet!

pasbonbasile

congrats on starting the mill shed. We dont have the boulder problem down here is South La. The parish just replace a bridge on a country road, the pilings were 14 x 14 and 72 ft long. they said they average 800 to 850 blows per foot with the pile driver. here they avg 3 blows per foot and only had skin tension, nothing on the bottom of the piling. Think sometime it might be nice to have some rocks... take care and good luck sawing...
thirteen- tractors, one combine, no mill yet. Looking for one. Used -to have a wm lt4hdg25
Update 9-27-15 now have WM LT40 Super Hyd. used (1996) but back into sawing. Mostly pine and oak.

Thank You Sponsors!