iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Huskvarna 55

Started by GISer, April 13, 2002, 05:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GISer

8)

I was wondering if ayone has had any experience with newer Huskvarna 55's
I have a lead on a relatively new saw (less than 6 months old, so said), have very little experience with Husky saws.

I have owned a second hand Jonsered 630 for over 10 years. (Gave out after loaning to less than experinced friend, crank seal let go, saw kept running!!) Major sticker replacement shock.  Now less of friend.

Didn't realy need that big of a saw, but realy liked it anyway and it was't afraid of anything.

Have been using a worn Stihl 025 lately but this seems realy light.  Nice for limbing.

Another friend has a Huskvarna 51 that he is really happy with.  I haven't cut with it, but size/weight seems about like my Stihl although I would think has more oomph.

I am cutting mostly East Coast Canda softwoods and mixed hardwood.

Thanks for your time and input.

Rick

Tillaway

I would guess your old 630 is worth rebuilding.  If the case and crank are still good then everything else is worth fixing.  

Tell us a little more about how you use your saw. (commercial or around the place and a little firewood)
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

TJACK

I had a Husky 55 for 3 years and just recently traded it in on a Husky 372XP.  The 55 is slightly larger than your Stihl 025.  The 025 has 3.0 HP while the 55 has 3.4.  This saw is fine for cutting firewood and felling trees under 15 inches.  Not to say you can't fell a larger tree, its just I personally like a little for HP for felling.  The only reason I traded my 55 is because I was given an 025 by a family member and thougt why have two mid size saws.  Also I had the bug to buy a new saw.  Looking back, I wish I would have traded the 025 and kept the 55.

TJACK

grampt1

I have had a 55 now for about 5 years  and I like it a lot and would buy again. I really like the air filtration system don't have to clean the air filter nearly as often .
 I don't think you can go wrong with this saw.
 Hope this helps
  Ron

Thank You Sponsors!