iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Design software?

Started by Timber_Framer, December 08, 2004, 09:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timber_Framer

Do any of you know of a good program for 3D interior and outdoor landscaping design?
My dad's getting tired of paying architects to draw pictures of what mom wants to do the house and their cabin so he thought it would be cheaper to spend a few hundred dollars on some software where she could get close to what she wants before spending big money on professional drawings.
My dad appreciates any and all help you can provide.
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

GareyD

My wife bought the "Instant Landscaping" 4 cd rom software at WallyWorld fer about $25...seems like she sez ya can take a pix of the house, plant the more common trees and bushes around it, and then make 'em grow to see what they will look like in the future....it comes with real pix of the plants, not drawings...ain't real sure if it is the best, but the price didn't hurt too bad  ;D

Can't help ya with the interior stuff  :)

GareyD
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

Avalancher

I have Punch Pro Platinum, and it cant be beat. It will let you import pictures of your house, and go from there, or draw your own. It has a library of over 4000 different plants and grasses, and will warn you if you try and "plant" something that may not grow real well in your area. You can also draw in 3D, and then go for a virtual tour of your home and yard once its done. It gives cost of building, you just enter the current prices for 2x4's and whatever other material you are using.
It will also print out blueprints once you have your drawing complete or at a save point. For complicated roof lines it can get a little tricky trying to figure out angles and you will find that the hard copy of instructions will help a lot to get the hang of it.
You can check them out at http://www.punchsoftware.com/plat.htm
I have used several programs so far, and I think that this is the best that I have found.

Timber_Framer

Thanks for your replies guys. I had found the Punch program from a Google search but needed to hear from someone as to how well it works. It sounds like it's just what the doc ordered.
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Thank You Sponsors!