iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer Debarker quit

Started by PA_Walnut, August 19, 2017, 09:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PA_Walnut

Was sawing today it was working great. Looked later and no deal. Not spinning at all. Low ours so probably not the belt. I checked the resets in the setworks and all look good.

What else?

Thx
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

irvi00

A voltmeter and start tracking it back from the debarker to the source.

Magicman

You probably kicked a breaker, but adding your sawmill to your profile helps when trying to answer questions such as this.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Stuart Caruk

My LT35 threw the breaker on knots often enough. There's a small black cover on the back of the mill outboard wheel cover. Underneath it is a breaker. Yours may be a different mill but I'd bet you a donut it has the same breaker. Just follow the cabling back from the debarker to where it goes inside a box. It's open on the bottom and you can see the breaker. The first time you'll need to remove the cover to figure out how to reset it. After that you should know how to fix the problem in a few seconds. Good luck.
Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

PA_Walnut

Thanks. I'll look there. My mill is relatively new to me. Has an LT40 Super 10-12 years ago, but life got in the way. Back to it now!  8)

Thanks for the help. Will report back today.
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

drobertson

Not sure if you mill has the little breakers in behind the screen on the console or not, on some models there are little black breakers all in a row underneath the panel, like under the key,, I would also check the brushes too, making sure the springs are doing their job as well.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

PA_Walnut

Checked the little breakers under the SimpleSet. They all looked fine.
Spring tension is good, but the cutter is not spinning.

I have to double-check, but now that I think of it, the Lube wasn't working well either, so that motor/pump may be out as well.  :o
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

customsawyer

The breaker for my debarkers is on the backside of the control box. If memory serves it is on the back right side. Look back there and you should see a couple of breakers, depending on what functions you have on your mill. There is also some on the bottom left and right on the front of the control panel, check them as well. All you have to do is push them in. If you feel a click that is what it is. If you have debarker and lubemizer both out then I would think rats nest and someone chewing on wires some where.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

The power feed drum switch also engages the Lubemizer.  If the breakers are OK, you could have a contact broken or not making on that power feed drum switch.

Your problem should be that breaker around behind the control box, I think on the right side.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

Don't forget to put some ATF at the pin where the debarker swing on. There is a grease nipple there, I don't grease it, I put the ATF to it [with a paint brush at the top of the pin] when I do the rest of the mill when I start in the morning. In the winter with grease the debarker will freeze up and not move.

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

PA_Walnut

Got it. Turned out to be the breaker, which was not in the sample place as the others.
The lube is really slow. I think there's a kink in the line where it navigates past the engine.

Thanks to all of you!
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

customsawyer

There is a filter up by the pump. It might be getting clogged and restricting flow.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

Any time that the Debarker blade gets jammed/stopped, whether by a knot, log end, or whatever, you will trip that breaker.  I manage to do it a couple of times each year. 

A few years ago my breaker would not hold and the problem was the breaker itself.  They will only trip so many times (?) before they finally fail.

That lube line is fairly rigid so your problem is probably the filter as customsawyer suggested.  That or the nozzles themselves.  I drilled the holes out a bit which helped, but I still have to remove them occasionally and use a wire to clear them.

Thank You Sponsors!