iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paul Bunyan Show

Started by rooster 58, August 11, 2014, 12:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooster 58

I am hopeful to go to the P.B.S. this year. I was wondering who's all going and when?

jmouton

we are going,,,  i think sat and sun,    it will be my first time ,  my  buddy has  gone before

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

WV_hillbilly

I will probably be  there Sunday unless my work schedule changes by then
Hillbilly

Grizzly

Searched for discussion but didn't find what I was looking for. I'm a new sawyer and thinking that the show would be a good education and maybe an opportunity to meet some of you, but I am from Canada and travel would be a bit of a doing. I realize that the show is great but I can find entertainment here; I'm asking about the educational value. Do you have time to visit with performers and exhibitors? Or are things pretty fast paced and you need to move along? Sorry bout all the questions but it really sounds like an interesting show of which I do not find any reference to here in Canada. If you want the big stuff? Well then we have lots going on. Any feedback for me?
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Ohio_Bill

The Paul Bunyan show is sponsored by the Ohio Forestry Association. This year is the firewood shootout. There are several educational events going on. Some are free and some have a cost. The Ohio Forestry Association Web site has all the details. It is a great show and several manufactures will be there with equipment.
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

WmFritz

http://www.ohioforest.org/?page=pbsshowfacts

Scrolling through the exhibitors list, I see quite a few of our forum sponsors will be there.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Compensation

This will be my first time going. Now that I bought a truck camper I better put it to use.  Just wondering how many from our group will be there.

http://www.ohioforest.org/?page=PBSShowFacts
D4D caterpillar, lt10 Woodmizer, 8x12 solar kiln, enough Stihl's to make my garages smell like their factory :) Ohh and built Ford tough baby!

drobertson

Only been to one, this was last year, most of the band mill manufacturers are there to talk with and answer questions, as far as actually operating a mill, for profit or income, discussions with mill owners might be a better option. Just my opinion.  Your area, available markets and the like are more critical to your needs than a factory rep might be able to give.  There are lots of things to see, and lots of ideas too.  Conversation with different folks has a wealth of information for those with inquiring minds. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Compensation

Camping there Thursday and leaving Saturday evening. Should be a good time.
D4D caterpillar, lt10 Woodmizer, 8x12 solar kiln, enough Stihl's to make my garages smell like their factory :) Ohh and built Ford tough baby!

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

In addition to the info on the Ohio site, Sawmill & Woodlot magazine (a advertiser here) sponsors 6 seminars...3 Friday and 3 Saturday  Friday includes maximizing value at the sawmill, and a double length session on hardwood lumber grading--class and practice.  Saturday includes solar kilns and a double session on how to saw a log.

If you have never been to this show, it is pretty neat, I think...unless it is raining hard.  I like the homemade ice cream adjacent to the Shoot-Out.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

ET

My wife and I went to the last 2 years but scheduling a family event will keep us away this year. Great show with lots to see and eat!  Have fun. Hope to go back next year for the sawmill shootout.
Lucas 1030, Slabber attachment, Husky 550XP, Ford 555B hoe, Blaze King Ultra, Vermeer chipper, 70 acres with 40 acres Woods.

YoungStump

I was there last year and hope to go again this year. Can be a bit of a pain cause it's often the same weekend as the PA archery opener. Missing either one don't sit well with me.
Echo Enterprises 45HD2 production series band mill, Cook's Edger, sawing mostly pallet cants, rr ties, and grade lumber.

Compensation

Hey Gene, I want to go to two of the seminars maximizing value and solar kilns. I seen you can register online but with 1,3, or 6 seminar packages. Do you have to register or can you pay once there? Also, they are about an hour and a half long right?

Al_Smith

It's well worth the trip .Lots of interesting stuff .

I've been there three times, once to run in the Ohio championship hot saw races .Didn't do so well but it was fun .

Grandedog

Howdy,
   We'll be there representing Lucas Mills. I was comped some 1 day passes. Send me you name, address, and how many you need. While supply lasts.
Regards
Gregg
Gregg Grande
Left Coast Supplies LLC
1615B South Main Street  Willits, CA 95490
888-995-7307  Ph 707-602-0141                   Fax 707-602-0134  Cell 707-354-3212
E-Mail  gregg@leftcoastsupplies.com   www.leftcoastsupplies.com

Tam-i-am

Hello everyone!

Logrite will have a booth at the show in which Jeff will be hanging out for a while.  I would like to plan a time when all the attending FF members could come over for a picture like we did at the Woodsmens' Field Days in New York.  It is always exciting to meet and put faces to the members we talk to online.

In addition, Jeff and Kevin are looking for judges for their beard contest.  Judges will be entered into a raffle for prizes.
If Kevin loses he will give away a tool and if Jeff loses he will give away a free membership to the Forestry Forum. :D ;D
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Jeff

Hey, I like them rules. I'll bet on myself as a winner with those rules. Mebby we better rethunk em.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

QuoteIt is always exciting to meet and put faces to the members we talk to online.

Hopefully this pic will have some names attached... ;) 

Don't recall that the last one did.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,76409.msg1170318.html#msg1170318
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jmouton

hey jeff ,   we will be there  all day sat,  me and coach will volunteer to be judges,if ya want   

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Compensation

Is there anything to do around that area of Ohio? I would like to go do something after 5 on Friday but it looks pretty bland.

DR_Buck

Missed last year due to other commitments bt will be there this year.  The wife and I will be arriving Thursday evening and staying until Sunday morning.  We have a few business deals working that we hope to close while there and I'd like to take in a seminar or two.  Also plan on spending a lot of time  hanging out with FF members.  Looks like hotel rooms are going fast.   Called 3 before I found an available room.   We'll be at the Days Inn.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Kindlinmaker

I had so much fun at Boonville that I will be attending Paul Bunyan with one of my sons.  We will be there Friday and Saturday.  I was a day early for the picture in NY but I got to meet Jeff, Tammy and the crew from Logrite.  Great time.  Hope I don't spend so much $ but probably wishful thinking - I love new toys.
If you think the boards are twisted, wait until you meet the sawyer!

NZJake

Hi all,

Just letting you know the Turbosawmill 'Warrior Auto' will be at this show!

Hope to see you there.

Jake Peterson
Wife says I woke up one morning half asleep uttering thin kerf and high production, I think I need a hobby other than milling?

DR_Buck

Less that 2 weeks away!      8)
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Thank You Sponsors!