iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pettibone master 5

Started by JesseA, January 24, 2018, 09:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JesseA

Hello! I've been lurking here a while now, finally figured I'd ask if Anybody's got a master 5 skidder, or one nearby that they could take a few pictures of?
I'm looking for a picture of the belly, from the front or rear and a picture of the operators cockpit (?) google searches have been fruitless in these areas.
I'm on a 5 year plan for building my own little skidder and the master 5 looked to be the closest to what I have in my head, closer than the gafner and the old Garretts. 

Thank you!

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

teakwood

Welcome to the Forum JesseA, lots of knowledge here!
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

JesseA

The same Mike.   I'll probably be posting pictures of my misadventures soon.

47sawdust

I see a few old "bones" on CL.The owners may be able to help you out.There are some here who are pretty fearless when it comes to rebuilding old iron.
Good luck and Welcome
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

BurkettvilleBob

If you're from Maine you've probably seen the master 5 on CL?

mike_belben

Hey buddy, i always look forward to your projects.  The samurai not pullin enough wood?  Get any further on your dads?
Praise The Lord

JesseA

Bob, that's the one that got me curious. It's 2 hours from me otherwise id go check it out.

Mike the samurai is doing a good job but I'm greedy.  Dads rig is progressing but slowly. My welder went down for a couple months and that put a stop to all progress until I had it fixed. 

thecfarm

JessesA,welcome to the forum.
You will like it here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mike_belben

Ah that stinks.  I just got my welder wired up at the new place after being without it for a year.  It was like losing an arm!  Fabbing on a patch of mud now, youd think i was in :maine:
Praise The Lord

JesseA

Thank you guys for the warm welcome!
And losing the welder was like losing an arm! "I could just make..... nope can't do that the welders down."

miketclew

Hi guys, I think you might have been referring to this old girl. It's proudly in my possession now! I'm in Pittsfield, Maine. It appears to be almost all original. I know where this another one south of me in central Maine that is running and used seasonally. And I believe I know where this another one parked in the woods that hasn't moved in 15+ years.

miketclew

I'll get some pics of belly pan and cockpit and post them later! I have some digital copies of parts manuals etc that might be useful as well. Some pretty good pics and diagrams in there.

thecfarm

Looks good all chained up. Like the goats too.
Going to be used full time?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

miketclew

Not full time, but for our farm woodlots and where it makes sense. Have other equipment for hard and heavy work. I decided to bring some wood down unlimbed for our ND dairy goats. It think they think the skidder is like a mobile food vendor now.. HAHA. 

thecfarm

Mobile food vendor,I like that.
I only have a tractor as a mobile food vendor.

miketclew

Rear belly pan and operators seat. I'll put some more pictures in my album.

mike_belben

Look at all those steaks!
Praise The Lord

Corley5

Look at all the paint left on the bottom side 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

JesseA

Thanks for the pictures miketclew ! That's a sharp looking machine! Looks a lot nicer than it looked on the ad! Looks like it wasn't used too hard at all!
Does the front axle articulate or does it do that at the rear? I'm guessing that the Lower lever in the dash is the Transmission and the lever on the right side of the seat is hi-low or reverse? 

miketclew

Yah, there is a cradle pin on the front axle, and then standard centerpins for steering articulation. Back axles are fixed. I'm thoroughly impressed with this little machine. At roughly 7' 2" wide, and 14 feet long, it really gets around for thinning nicely. Working it right now in easily 16-20 inches of snow. We're in the process of getting another foot or two now.

miketclew

Yes, Transmission R 1 2 3 on dash. Reverser on right hand side of seat. H/L on left hand side of seat.
Left foot clutch - Right foot brake and throttle. I'm trying to get an operators manual from Pettibone now. I have a parts repair/service for the machine, wisconsin v461/462/465 and gearmatic model 9. Would be nice to have them all :)

starmac

That skidder actually has a V4 wisconsin in it?
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

miketclew

Sure does. There were two engine options for this model/serial number. I'll attach the flyer that pettibone sent me for this machine.

mike_belben

Is there room for a chevy 4.3?
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!