iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ax men

Started by Solo33, November 22, 2015, 04:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo33

Anybody else getting a kick out of the crew running the cable skidder? Sure way to tell its set up eh?
I know I was born and I know I will die, the in between is mine, I am mine

Gearbox

How about the guy who shoved a pole into the back window of the boss's pickup . AND DIDN'T GET FIRED .  Gearbox
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Jeff

I quit watching that embarrassment a few years ago.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Banjo picker

Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

redprospector

The people on that show are the prostitutes of the timber industry (just my opinion).
They've sold out the integrity of the industry for a little fame (attention), and a little money.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

snowstorm

i was told by someone that knows rygard  that they get a little over $500,000 a year to do the show

snowstorm

and that they really know what they are doing when they are not on tv

scleigh

You couldn't pay me enough to act like Gabe ::)

redprospector

Quote from: snowstorm on November 22, 2015, 08:49:00 PM
i was told by someone that knows rygard  that they get a little over $500,000 a year to do the show
Quote from: snowstorm on November 22, 2015, 08:50:18 PM
and that they really know what they are doing when they are not on tv
That just solidifies what I said. They're just half million dollar prostitutes. The problem I see is that they got half million for their integrity, and we lost a good part of ours too. I've had customers ask me if we were going to act like they do on Ax Men. My standard answer is; "Absolutely not!"
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

terry f

Pure entertainment for the other 99%

LittleJohn

Quote from: snowstorm on November 22, 2015, 08:49:00 PM
I love how the "story" goes that they are barely making it by; yet every season, maybe every other season they all have NEW trucks, with big shiny rims, etc....

Jhenderson

Try explaining to a landowner that the tree their cutting on tv isn't  worth $3 grand.

timberlinetree

We don't have cable TV(the whole town) but every Christmas I get some sort of logging show. When our son has a problem with a chooker we call him brad from the show( the guy from cal. That was having trouble getting the hang of it)for fun. One of those shows everything was breaking down and that helped us feel like we don't have it that bad.
When these shows first popped up and got popular seemed like every time I wrote a check( timberline logging and tree was on it) people would start asking guestion. Now it's seems like they ask if we sell firewood. We'll have to see what Santa brings this year.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Solo33

I just recently started watching it again since I have dish now and heard there was a cable skidder crew. Needless to say I no longer watch it.

Quote from: timberlinetree on November 25, 2015, 06:04:30 AM
We don't have cable TV(the whole town) but every Christmas I get some sort of logging show. When our son has a problem with a chooker we call him brad from the show( the guy from cal. That was having trouble getting the hang of it)for fun. One of those shows everything was breaking down and that helped us feel like we don't have it that bad.
When these shows first popped up and got popular seemed like every time I wrote a check( timberline logging and tree was on it) people would start asking guestion. Now it's seems like they ask if we sell firewood. We'll have to see what Santa brings this year.
The couple shows I did watch does make a bad day in the woods feel not soo bad haha
I know I was born and I know I will die, the in between is mine, I am mine

Al_Smith

Like most so called "reality" shows it's highly scripted .

For crying out load if people acted like that the fight would be on .If those gaffers tried that yelling nonsense on a construction crew the whole bunch would pull the pin .I doubt loggers are much different than construction workers .

Brad_bb

It's too "Jerry Springer" for me.  It's a turnoff when you know it's phoney and scripted.  Initially I liked Airplane repo, but they quickly became so obvious about the setups.  "Reality shows"  are the least real thing out there...and I'd rather see real stuff and maybe learn something once in awhile.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

WH_Conley

They are the same Al. I have been on both. Try yelling and cussing people like that somebody is going to pack a butt whipping.
Bill

POSTON WIDEHEAD

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!