iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lt15 wide has arrived

Started by Scottasheppard, February 16, 2018, 06:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottasheppard

Lot is cleared building is up and the ground is soaked lol took longer than we thought to clear lot and put up the shed still don't know how to post pics on here. Using a samsung s7 if any one wants to give any pointers. In the market for a laptop so maybe pictures will come easier then. Prayers are appreciated we are worn out but pressing forward will start assembly today weather permitting... if u wanna see some pictures friend me on Facebook I'll send through messenger or send me your number I'll text them to u OR If Poston Wide head is feeling generous he will post some for me lol 8)
Aka Porkie

thecfarm

Hope I am not repeating myself.
What's all the lumber going to be used for?
You will like sawing!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Scottasheppard

We build farmhouse furniture.. and there is a market for sawmill lumber in our area.
Aka Porkie

firefighter ontheside

Posting pictures from your phone shouldn't be any different than from my iPad.  Touch the "click here" button.  You need to create a folder name and then select photo from your phone to add.  Once the picture is in your gallery, go to the picture and copy the link that's below the picture.  Then go to the page that is still open and paste the copied link in your comments.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Florida boy

Firefighters way is how I do it from my cheap phone. I usually open up 2 tabs one on the gallery one of the post I'm on. Just copy your url under photo from gallery then put in post, always preview.

Southside

Since Jeff made the high speed upgrade there is now a little "insert photo" you can click right by the photo when you upload it, honestly made it easier for this technology dinosaur to do it. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Scottasheppard

Aka Porkie

Scottasheppard

Well thanks for the help guys tried to get pictures in order from taken down shed moving it to sawmill site... Hope u enjoy.
Aka Porkie

Magicman

Thanks for the updates and pictures and what's your secret to getting your "help" on top of that roof?   :o

Looking forward to seeing the sawdust fly.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Scottasheppard

Aka Porkie

Crossroads

Looked to me like she was runnin the show, suppose she'll let you have a turn on that shiny new mill? 🤓
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

DPatton

Congrats on the new mill and having a roof to put it under. Looks as though you already have someone to fell trees, buck logs, operate the fork, and stack lumber off the mill  ;D. All you got to do is run the mill!
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

firefighter ontheside

Nice shed.  Nice mill.  Nice tractor.  Nice spot.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Stuart Caruk

Wow, a good woman is hard to find. One that will help you put a roof on, drive the rigs
with the trailer, and run the equipment is hard to find. I'll bet you'll have fun working on many
new projects in the future. Congrats.

Stuart Caruk
Wood-Mizer LX450 Diesel w/ debarker and home brewed extension, live log deck and outfeed rolls. Woodmizer twin blade edger, Barko 450 log loader, Clark 666 Grapple Skidder w/ 200' of mainline. Bobcats and forklifts.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on February 17, 2018, 09:08:04 AM

......... what's your secret to getting your "help" on top of that roof?   :o

Sherry is a hard worker. With out her Scott would have nothing but a "Shovel".  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

michigander II

Scott (Porkie),
    Looking good!   Its coming along.  I like how your forks can be used on loader and 3pt.  I made a set like that too.  Im jealous of your weather!  Were still in the deep freeze, up in Michigan.  Looking forward to spring!  ;D 8)

Scottasheppard

Well almost ready to saw... few more tweeks and some work on the shed for loading logs and off loading lumber.. should be sawing monday.

Aka Porkie

starmac

Looking good, but I am missing something, how are you going to get logs on the mill. Isn't the openings in the shed too close together?
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

garyfg

I was wondering the same thing

Southside

Just pick the building up!!!   :D
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Scottasheppard

Well I got the mill before I finished the building. Wanted to get mill inside before weather hit this week. So I will be finishing the shed Monday.  I must say y'all are very observant  :D
Aka Porkie

Lawg Dawg

Looks like you fix in to get sappy with that good old South Carolina syp!  Looking good!
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

thecfarm

Would be nice to keep it inside. How about having it at the last section? Could you put the last upright at an angle. No snow load to speak of.  ;D Kinda just about enough to keep the head under the roof.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Sure is pretty.  :)   Da sawmill looks nice too!    ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Scottasheppard

It will surprise some of you what I'm going to do I will post pics tomorrow after I pick up a load of logs. Lol
Aka Porkie

Southside

JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

firefighter ontheside

I put up an 18x26 carport.  I went back and forth on which way to orient my mill.  I considered putting mine in like yours and removing several legs and installing a long header.  I would have cut the bottom piece of steel out and raised it up as part of the header and then bolting double 2x12's. 

In the end I set the mill up sideways so I can bring in logs from the end.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Scottasheppard

Mine is 12 x 30 and the mill is 4x24 gonna take out the center 3 poles make some lbls 10x20 set them on 4x6 posts cut out lower runners.
Aka Porkie

Crusarius

need to just make a set of arches that runs on a track or rolls on the ground over the mill. set log at end of mill pick up with arches roll into place over bed then set log down and move arches out of the way.

Probably be really easy to do if you have smooth rolling surface. Even easier with 12 volt battery and winches for lifting and moving.

Darrel

There are a bazillion ways to do it. I once saw a setup where a guy had a home built mill under a shed like this and he loaded logs with an arch that ran on the same track as the saw head.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Scottasheppard

Should be done tomorrow with the shed. Wanna be sawing Friday morning. I'll post pics of shed tomorrow night. Thanks for all the advise and response guys.
Aka Porkie

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You got my 100 dollar order ready?  :D

Scottasheppard

Aka Porkie

Scottasheppard

Well some reason I can't add the ^%$@#!,;%$#@!! PHOTO.....GRRRRRR
I've add photo just fine til now it won't work... followed the YouTube video and for some reason my phone won't let me post poston wide head and Nathan Elliot have a photo and I'm also going to send one to Jeff 🤤
Aka Porkie

samandothers

You are doing good!  Great progress on getting the mill together for sure.  

Did you move an existing building?  Looks like different locations.  I look forward to seeing your modifications to the building.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Scott Sheppards progress on his new saw shed.

Scottasheppard

Aka Porkie

POSTON WIDEHEAD

SawyerTed

I like it!  Looking forward to seeing lumber coming out the other side!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Southside

Did you fab up the beam yourself?  That sure is a slick modification for sure.  
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Scottasheppard

Yes I made them from osb and 2x3 21' long custom lvl redneck style. $85 each at local building supply. $30 each to build my self lol
Aka Porkie

thecfarm

starmac

Those carports got popular quick when they first hit New Mexico, at least one town I know of outlawed them pretty quick. If they weren't held down well enough the wind would sail them all over the place.

I bet that was a pretty economical saw shed, and will get the job done.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Scottasheppard

Aka Porkie

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Are you using SHARP blades?  :D :D :D :D

Scottasheppard

U got pictures from my wife yesterday lol share with the forum how sharp the wood mixer 4°double hard is.. and how a young hard headed Sawyer don't listen.. Pop always said if u gonna be dumb u gotta be tough.
Aka Porkie

Darrel

Now I want to hear the rest of the story!

popcorn_smiley
1992 LT40HD

Crusarius

I just checked out an LT15 wide at the farm show. Man I like that mill alot. if it existed before I started building my mill I may have just bought one of those. I may still buy one after I get done building mine :)

Darrel

When did you start your build Crusarius?  The LT15 Wide has been on the market for a couple of years now.
1992 LT40HD

Scottasheppard

Darrel it's hard enough for a simple redneck to navigate Forestry Forum with out you using words I have to Google lol I just bought my mill 2 weeks ago. I've been building sawmill furniture full time since 2011. I used to live close to David Poston y'all know him as  poston wide head or the goat lol. I moved about 2 years ago an hour away and decided to purchase a mill for 2 reasons. 1. to far to drive to David's mill 2. there isn't a public mill with in an hours ride of my house.. Oh and 3. I have all this money laying around doing nothing so BAM. . I'm a sawyer...lol
Aka Porkie

firefighter ontheside

The shed looks good.  I doubt you have to worry about snow.  If I had done mine that way, I planned to stand up a post in the middle of the header when it was going to snow.  Are you going to put something over that osb to keep it from getting wet?  Maybe some metal roofing.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Dave Shepard

4. Burdock leaves wilt if you have to drive that far to the goats mill. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Crusarius

Quote from: Darrel on February 24, 2018, 11:55:13 PM
When did you start your build Crusarius?  The LT15 Wide has been on the market for a couple of years now.

Maybe I am just not all that smart and did not see it then :) yea, I think I will go with that. but its also $9500 at the farm show without any type of trailer. My budget was $6000. That is why I chose to build. Wish I had gotten much closer look athte 15 wide before I did. I really want to copy the mast design. Tempted to call woodmizer and see about getting a bearing set for it.

thecfarm

Thomas had a wide head when I bought my mill. I almost bought one,and I mean almost. This was probably about 15 years ago.

Peter Drouin

You had that Thomas 15 years cFarm.  :o  Good mill. smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

thecfarm

Peter.I just went and checked,I bought the mill in 2001. :o  So they had the wide one than.How time flies. Nothing that can really go wrong with the mill. The motor could die on. Sure would not be from over use. You put more hours on your in a month than I have on mine total. 

Scottasheppard

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on February 25, 2018, 09:35:10 AM
The shed looks good.  I doubt you have to worry about snow.  If I had done mine that way, I planned to stand up a post in the middle of the header when it was going to snow.  Are you going to put something over that osb to keep it from getting wet?  Maybe some metal roofing.
Thought about thin sheet of pine with a good stain sealer.. possibly make a false beam look. And yes u are right u would have to weigh the snow  from the last 5  years collectively to even make snow cream lol
Aka Porkie

Thank You Sponsors!