iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lane Circle Mill Project

Started by Mooseherder, July 13, 2009, 10:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

The Carriage is now level and ready.  This sub puzzle Done.  Next three sub puzzles are the Pantograph, the Cable drum and the Husk to track alignment and bolt down.  This will happen similtanously.  

thecfarm

A very nice thread you have going here.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

pwrwagontom

Thanks for documenting!
Great photos, etc.

Keep your eye on the prize, many wouldn't be able to tackle a long term project like this...

Looking forward to your progress.
Never give an inch

SwampDonkey

I'll have to catch up on the weekend and read your progress. Can't keep my eyes open right now. Tough ground for spacing saw and hot will do it.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Mooseherder

I've been helping my BIL at his hunting camp the past week so no progress here but had tried to remove the injector pump on my JD 4045 Powertech before leaving so it could be gone thru while I was away.   It wouldn't come out so today I figured I needed better access.  The motor turns good but hasn't been started in 12 years.  Fuel is getting to the pump.
No fuel coming out so the pump has to come off.  The threaded and keyed shaft of the pump goes into this mechanism.
I tried with a puller and broke one of the low grade puller bolts.  Tried taps with wood block. No go.  Took shroud, radiator, fan and guard off for better access.  Got a diesel mechanic coming over tomorrow.  What is holding this thing on!?

Mooseherder

He had it off in a minute.  Used a bigger hammer than me to tap the puller. ;)
I was scared to break it.  It was also tapered.  The taper was doing it's job holdin' on I tell ya.
Now I need to find a service manual for a JD TO4045  so he can time it when it gets back.
If this isn't the problem it probably means Injectors next.

customsawyer

Nice work as always. Keep it up .
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

moodnacreek

If that roosa master style sits for a few years it can be very hard to completely purge and prime it. My son didn't start our 310 case for 3 years and it took me a day to get it to run with a full tank that is higher than the engine. Others have given up. When you get it going , don't let it sit to long.          My lane is manual set and I am interested in your powered set works.

Don_Papenburg

If that is like the 4219  and 4239  you need to stop the engine flywheel at the mark through the window in front of the  flywheel on the left  and then pull the pump .  The guy that rebuilds /adjust the pump should know to return it to that spot for install .   
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Mooseherder

Thanks, I'll ask him when I pick it up.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Mooseherder on September 05, 2018, 08:32:32 PM
He had it off in a minute.  Used a bigger hammer than me to tap the puller. ;)
I was scared to break it.  It was also tapered.  The taper was doing it's job holdin' on I tell ya.
Now I need to find a service manual for a JD TO4045  so he can time it when it gets back.
If this isn't the problem it probably means Injectors next.

Oh yeah, if there is a woodruff key in there it is tapered like say on my brush saw shaft. I have a good puller (2 sizes). One time I used the smaller one to pull a pulley wheel off a planer motor to find out the shaft was threaded. Pulled her right over the threads. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

caveman

Thank you for sharing your pictures and experiences with this project.  It looks like you are getting your ducks in a row now.
Caveman

Mooseherder

Just an update on how I closed out the project for the season.   Took a step back and changed out the 3-8ft 6x6 under the deck husk that ties in with 12 footers.  The 8 footers probably would have tied in fine but I know down the road I would not have been happy with it.  The hydraulic deck had been put on the slab before the building was built around it.  I need to build out a Sawyers Booth next summer and modify the opposing wall opening a couple feet for the Pantograph.  

Got things lined up close but it isn't bolted down yet.

The Injector Pump wasn't finished before I left so it's at the shop until I get back there.

Mooseherder

Looks like they were running with only one Dog.  I am going to make another.

Mooseherder

I found a twin for my Red Wrench to hang along side with on the scrench wall.

Mooseherder

So I have taken this project as far as I can before completion.  Picked up the Injector pump in May but didn't install or start it because of several other projects going on.  The Pantograph and Saw Cab area require some minor building modifications. The rest of Mock Up is done and just needs to be bolted down to the concrete before start up.  I'll be moving the Mill to the FF Commerce section For Sale area soon because we are thinking about putting this property on the Market.  

Magicman

I am glad that PatD and I visited when we did. 

A really neat place.

Good cooking.

And fond memories.  That is our truck and camper in the background  on the right.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Mooseherder

It was great having you two visit.. :)

SwampDonkey

A long ways from home, for both of you. ;)

Magicman

Yes, 1,893 miles from home.  move_it
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

You went right to the far corner to. ;D

Mooseherder

30 hours of driving one way.  Looks like I will be there for Maple Sugar season this year. :)

pwrwagontom

Sorry to hear that you're selling- I've really enjoyed this thread and following the progress.

But best wishes to you, and I hope it works out!

Tom
Never give an inch

Thank You Sponsors!