iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ebac

Started by Gunny, February 15, 2005, 04:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunny

I've noticed that one or more of you here run an Ebac DH system  (Okiemac, others?) and have toyed with the idea of trying one out.  I'm thinking of going with the "LD3000" right now, to supplement the Nyle that's dedicated to another operation.  Any insights?

I'm quite familiar with Nyle's operations since I ran a custom-drying business throughout most of the '90s with one.  But I like the package Ebac has put together, too.  We'll be sending in the order in the next week or so so...

Thanks to all in advance.

Frank_Pender

Gunny, I have tow Ebac units.  The first unit, an 800, has been operating for at least 8 years withoutany problems who or what-so-ever.   The other is a 3000 that has not even been hooked up, but will soon be installed in a wanted 42' seagoing stainless steel sea going refer container. ;D
Frank Pender

oakiemac

Gunny,

As stated I have a EBAC LD3000. I can go into a long disseration here but to make a real long story short I will say that if I had to do it all over again I would go with the Nyle.
Bottom line is that I had a refigerant leak in the capillary tubing after only a few months of use. It took about two months to get it fixed, but much that time was not ebacs fault it was the local HVAC contractors. The factory was helpful and paid for everything.
I feel that Nyle has a stonger unit with shorter drying times.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Gunny

oakiemac:

Do you happen to know just what % moisture you're able to pull/day with that LD3000?  Are you in the 3% range, or lower?

Thanks much.

oakiemac

Gunny,

You get a 1%mc drop per day. What do you get per day on average with a Nyle?
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Gunny

The Nyle draws a fair bit toward 3% (sometmes more, depending on the species loaded, etc)/day.  I asked since I'd noticed the drying schedule in the Ebac literature that stated the approx 1%/day.  That's less than I can work with since I have way too many custom-jobs waiting for this next unit to happen.  Guess we'll stick with Nyle.  Thanks much.

Thank You Sponsors!