iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Breakfast in Staunton Virgina

Started by Banjo picker, April 15, 2018, 10:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo picker

Spent the night in Lexington Virgina.  Cool old town checked out the monument of Stone Wall Jackson and went to the Cracker Barrel in Staunton for breakfast.... Yes they had grits.
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

thecfarm

Looks like an almost good breakfast. ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WV Sawmiller

Banjo,

Of course they had grits! I think it is mandatory CB has grits every day. If you go in on January 1 they will also bring you a complimentary bowl of black-eyed peas no matter what you order. They want to be sure you have good luck in the year ahead.

BTW - that sure looks like a scenic route from south Ga to Mississippi. Have a good, safe trip.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Savannahdan

I may have to check out the menu at the Cracker Barrel near I-95.  I haven't had any country ham in quite some time and it really looks good.  Yum, yum!!!!
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Banjo picker

Beautiful country and real country ham.  Taking a little road trip up east.  Wife never been up this way. 
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

WV Sawmiller

Enjoy the trip. If you come back this way stop by and see us. I'm between I-64 & I-77 just below where they merge near Beckley WV.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Banjo picker

Thanks Howard, but we are traveling with another couple, so I cant call the shots.  Going to do some fishing up here in New Jersey if the weather will let us.  Banjo

Raider Bill

I like Cracker Barrel when I'm on the road. Food is consistent, cheap and breakfast all day.
Another good thing is you can rent audio books for $3.99/5 days rental and can turn them in at any location.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Banjo picker

Didn't know about the books.  I think the breakfast is their best meal.  Fried apples is good any time.  Banjo

Banjo picker

@thecfarm I was thinking of you when I posted that picture.  Been home a few days now and haven't had any grits.  Bummer.  Banjo

thecfarm

I've got a lifetime supply here. :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!