iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My house smells

Started by r.man, October 11, 2015, 08:46:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.man

Of turkey!  I got up this morning to the smell of a cooking turkey. Canadian thanksgiving, the one with better weather, is upon us and turkey will be eaten. Our small turkey will be eaten mostly by me, the advantage of having two vegetarians and a vegan in the family, plus we have a family meal at my brothers this afternoon. The leaves are probably at their peak this weekend, the weather is cool but sunny and life is good. Unless you are a turkey.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

jwade

happy Thanks Giving northern neighbor, enjoy your holiday, i presume it will include copious amounts of beer.

Magicman

Eating, celebrating, and family.  It does not get much better than that.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Food,food and more food. Man,I like to eat. Throw in some family and it's that much better.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

r.man

No beer for me but I do like turkey especially the dark meat. Mashed potatoes as a delivery system for gravy and stuffing, with or without raisins.

sawguy21

Those vegans and vegetarians are missing out on a lot of good meals. ;D We had our turkey dinner last night with all the fixings. Good friends, good food, fine wine, it doesn't get better than that.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

goose63

Now you guys are making me want to go get a wild turkey and put on the grill.

Happy turkey to all the Canadian neighbor's 
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

reswire

My house smells too.  Only it smells like SKUNK!!  Both of my dogs met Mr. Skunk under an old slab pile this morning.  My wife let the dogs out for their morning run, and UUGGHHH!!  The return was less than pleasant!  Anyone know how to get the smell of skunk off of a Chessie????  I've tried tomatoe baths, baking soda, dishwashing liquid, all to no avail.  I'm gonna go skunk hunting, and darn it I need to clean up my old slab piles now!!!   ::) ::)  Oh, and happy thanksgiving my northern neighbor!
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

thecfarm

Around here any hardware store sells Shunk Away or something like it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

gfadvm

Quote from: reswire on October 11, 2015, 07:21:36 PM
My house smells too.  Only it smells like SKUNK!!  Both of my dogs met Mr. Skunk under an old slab pile this morning.  My wife let the dogs out for their morning run, and UUGGHHH!!  The return was less than pleasant!  Anyone know how to get the smell of skunk off of a Chessie????  I've tried tomatoe baths, baking soda, dishwashing liquid, all to no avail.  I'm gonna go skunk hunting, and darn it I need to clean up my old slab piles now!!!   ::) ::)  Oh, and happy thanksgiving my northern neighbor!

Our Lab/Great Dane cross is a big time skunk hunter. After trying a lot of things, this works best for us: tie him to the fence, hose until wet, add vinegar until he's covered, then lots of baking soda worked in well. Wait a few minutes and hose him off. Be sure and run his collar through the dish washer as it will soak up a lot of skunk (woven nylon collar).

My little dog finally realized that no one likes you when you've been skunked and she now leaves em alone. (She's a LOT smarter than Roscoe P).

Magicman

My Dad once hit one with his walking stick......once!!   :o   :D

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Glenn

Yesterday  I took the family for a ride in my '64 bel air through Algonquin Park.  When we got to the west gate the wardens had the parking lot  blocked off so i couldn't turn around.  There was traffic jammed up to oxtongue lake - close to hwy 35.  Instead of waiiting we drove around by haliburton and eventually harcourt.  Pretty sure I smelt your turkey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glenn

Reswire - our lab got skunked a couple of weeks ago - washed her in vinegar !!  It worked plus she smells like pickles !!!!!!

r.man

Glenn you most likely did, although today I was eating part of it in Peterborough with my younger daughter who couldn't get home for the week end. We met her in Peterborough and had a picnic in front of the worlds tallest Lift Lock. Before Harcourt you have to drive through Wilberforce and that's where I am. If you know what a Boler trailer is and notice them there is one in my front yard at the moment.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

You should come in my house for a smell.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

r.man

reswire

Got my female back to a normal, "doggie kinda smell", but the male keeps returning to the scene of the crime and rolling in the funk!   I took a large chunk of earth out with my loader tonight, tried to destroy the scene of the crime. :D :D  Hopefully I'll be able to hose him down tomorrow....
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

Glenn

rman - i remember delivering lumber to a wood shop in Wilberforce years ago.  I forget what they made though - maybe pallets but i believe it was something else?  It was right in town on the left coming from harcourt.  I took a hardwood grading course in haliberton at Sir Fleming College years ago too and took the short cut (#$ ??) from Wilberforce,

r.man

Glenn we had a planing mill that had a pallet making crew and we also had a veneer mill. Both gone now, we are down to one small production plant for trim and smaller amounts of flooring. On the left from Harcourt in town would have been the veneer. I am right across from their old entrance. Where are you?

Glenn

Thank You Sponsors!